Adding more channels for farming?

Ramune

Best answers
I don't know if it's ever going to happen or if you guys need to reach a certain population to add more channels to the server but it's been hard trying to find a channel to farm in. Especially since the Halloween event is here and people are rushing to get dark tokens, finding a channel has been literally impossible for me. ULU and WRZ is area always full and the longest time I've had to wait for a channel to be free was like 4-5 hours. At that point, I just quit trying to find a channel. Some people I see even just sit on their chairs, and hold a channel for a friend (which I don't find wrong) but has been doing that for a long period of time not utilizing the map. Especially on the weekend which is usually the only time I could farm because of work. I want the pumpkin pets but 6000 coins for me is not realistic when I can't even do the work because I can't farm. I definitely understand if adding more channels is probably a hassle but I would like to make this suggestion even if it was suggested multiple times.

Last edited:

Millium

Best answers
I suggest looking for other maps to farm. Farming less “optimal” maps is certainly better than waiting around at popular spots for a few hours, getting nothing done.

Gabe

Best answers
It would be better if some maps like stone colossus maps could have a little buff in the spawn rate so we could have more viable options to farm. Theres some "non botting" maps in there that could be really good to farm. Also more option in Twiligh Perion and Twisted Aqua Roard would be good.
As a low level lumi we only have ulu2 to farm and thats kind of full all the time.

Meiko

Best answers
Our population def doesn't need more channels. I always go to WRZ to do my daily 300 kills and theres always been an open channel, usually multiple. we don't need more channels just because ulu2 is always full. A spawn buff to stone colossus i'd be down for though, always nice to have more options.

Millium

Best answers
It would be better if some maps like stone colossus maps could have a little buff in the spawn rate so we could have more viable options to farm. Theres some "non botting" maps in there that could be really good to farm. Also more option in Twiligh Perion and Twisted Aqua Roard would be good.
As a low level lumi we only have ulu2 to farm and thats kind of full all the time.
Have you tried Oblivion 5? Mobs are over lv160 and have pretty good spawn. Easy for lumi to move around in.

Phantera

Best answers
I believe many under utilized map needed to be buff up to be comparable to RWZ or Ulu2. |

Idk what time you guys always went to RWZ, but the map there are very hard to be obtainable, and other map are hardly worth the effort.

Marcus

Best answers
The problem isn't with how many channels we have, it's that other maps either have shit layout or shit spawn. The solution would be to increase the spawn in more lvl 150+ maps to match the current most popular maps

Momori

Best answers
IGN
Cloud
move to EU for always open channels ;)

but nah, buffing other unpopular maps is a big + in my eyes!

Friend

Best answers
I don't check ULU because I don't like it, but I do check WRZ and Garden and also hear from my friends and know that there are times of the day where finding a map feels pretty hopeless because these maps are too contested and you have people camping them or browsing through them over and over and over. NA/around reset during weekdays is when it's easier to find maps, in my experience. SEA/EU is when it's harder.

I think that doing something to other maps is the solution because the deal with these 3 maps isn't just that they have better spawn but also that they feel good to farm in. There are no awkward platforms so you can kill and loot comfortably, so even if you opened more channels people would still prefer these maps over the others.

TradeMarks

Best answers
Admins/Gms you got a big area to work with, inside colossus 2/3/1 and the whole area is waiting to get revamped! buff some maps respawn rates.... (ofc i would suggest to take some beta testers for that ) i tested 1hr there and i made around half Than what i make in WRZ/garden/ulu....
on addition i would suggest to add channels up to 10 channels , then you will have around 50 maps open for 100-150 player base which is quite good!
(Colosuss prob even have more maps it just depends on the person job!)
Not sure if its completly connected to this thread but at least half of it does.

Last edited:

Ramune

Best answers
Thank you all for your input! I 100% agree about making more maps with a higher spawn rate. I will be definitely trying new maps to farm in now. :D

Gabe

Best answers
I recently created a new account and decided to farm some RED Boxes on my lumi and found out there's no good maps to farm on a low level luminous (like 12x~14x). You can start ulu2 at 13x but you'll have to stay there until 18x so you can enter Garden map or get to 190 to enter WRZ. That's not newbie friendly. We have some threads on forums of people saying that you need to wait hours to get a channel just to get some cubes and keep your progression (I know there's some other ways, but those ways also does have issues that make life hard for a new comer).
The suggestion to buff some maps are always welcome because it can make new farming spots but can never fix the "Best map" problem, there will be always the best map to farm unfortunately.

I made a research and this is what I found about maps

Low level farming spots (12x~14x)

Goldem Temple
- Guardian Roon 1 (Need a buff in mob quantity and spawn rate)
- Ascetic Room 1 (Need a buff in mob quantity and spawn rate)
- Room of Trials 2 (Need a buff in mob quantity and spawn rate)
- Room of Suffering (Good quantity of mobs, just need a little buff on spawn)

Mid level farming spots (16x~???)

Stone Colossus
*I didnt include the "flat maps" because buffing those maps could be an issue rather than a solution
**All maps in Stone Colossus has the potential to be good farming spots, but I listed some:

- Stone Colossus Torso 1 (Need a buff in mob quantity and spawn rate)
- Stone Colossus Torso 2 (Need a buff in mob quantity and spawn rate)
- Swarm Habitat 1 (Need a buff in mob quantity and spawn rate)
- Swarm Habitat 3 (Need a buff in mob quantity and spawn rate)
- Colossus West Road 3 (Need a buff in mob quantity and spawn rate)
- Colossus East Road 1 (Need a buff in mob quantity and spawn rate)

CombaTAngel

Best answers
That’s because you don’t know how to find a map. It’s not as good as the inside of the ghost ship, such as the Mantis Village, which are all double-deck platforms. The reason why the explosion rate is low is because of popularity. No one is sure that the explosion rate is low. Now, the popularity has risen, and the explosion rate has also risen. Didn’t ULU2 and WRZ both rise like this before?

Masking

Best answers
At my first days i actually managed to find free ch’s on each of the known maps , but today , i can 100% say that it feels pretty hopeless to find free ch on ulu/wrz for example , not only that the population and farmers are now few times bigger , add to this the fact that we have now red coins + tokens event , this is just crazy! People are staying in the map forever , like 4/6 of each map and ch’s farmer that i ask , they reply that they are going to stay for atleast 6-8 hours , which is even more crazy to me!

It’s ok that other people have alot of free time and want to spend it on one map for hours , but it’s 100% unfair for other new players or even old players with not much time / luck on getting there in the right time .

Some people might say so go find other maps , but it’s also sad that there is very few good farming maps at all , and why can’t everyone have the chance and the option to farm in a map they like?

Slumber

Best answers
Agreeing with @Gabe 's post here. There are plenty of maps that have potential for other classes besides lumi and DS. If we keep getting events with "untradeable" or account-bound items that force farming on your main, I much rather see more variety in maps than simply WRZ, Garden, Bye-Bye, and Ulu II as farming spots for the same old classes (Lumi/DS). I think the community would agree to wanting more options to farm on their main/viable options as it can offer a healthier game environment without mandating funding a DS or Lumi to farm (Twisted Aqua Road has that given its many teleporters that help less mobile classes).

Twisted Aquarium (it's really underused and can really use a spawn + re-spawn buff to give variety) *it is level 200+ too*

West Shallow Sea (good teleporter and allows for more classes than just lumi and DS to farm)
West Shallow Sea 2 (vertical jump classes)
West Shallow Sea 3 (Good teleporter, horiztonal + rush classes).
West Bright Sea (no teleporter, good for vertical jump classes)
Deep Gorge (okay; horizontal and vertical jump classes would like this map, not great for DS/Lumi shockingly)
Deep Gorge 2 (great for most classes with horizontal jumps)
East Shallow Sea: Hmmm, this has potential but I am not sure it needs a huge spawn boost)
Dangerous Deep Sea (hard to navigate and spawn is horrible right now)
Dangerous Deep Sea 2 (good teleporter, has potential)
Dangerous Deep Sea 3 (decent teleporter, probably a good horizontal double jump spot)

*These mobs do not drop monster park tickets it seems, which is a fair trade off if we are boosting spawns + respawn rate (do not add MP tics, there should be tradeoffs).
I have left out a few maps that have the potential to just create a lot more problems (they were omitted because they were small and would be easy to bot, keyweight, or simple do less work for more rewards).

Hope this helps (made some edits as I had a little time to research these maps in detail).

Last edited:

yuvalzr234

Best answers
tbh east bright sea is also quite good for some classes, small maps. tbh some of the maps there are kinda good if they had more spawn

Goonie

Best answers
While there is a definite need for more maps to made viable for farming rather than the current "go somewhere else if it's full" mentality. I don't think that there should only be buffs made to maps that won't be "issues", the end-game farming of a Lumi is pretty much something that you need to do in order to keep up with the rates of items being gotten by them.

As an NL who farms at WRZ with pet+showdown+18% drop rate inner+ wealth, I still fall behind a Lumi with the same buffs save showdown by about 30-45 red cubes per hour. So rather than not buffing a map because it is a single platform or small double-decker platform map, why don't we buff those too. This will allow for the non-Lumi's to have a similarly fruitful farming experience and a mutually beneficial trade-off of more maps that are "best" for both parties. Otherwise the stand in one spot, kill whole map Lumi farming will remain the best, with other options not coming close.

Users who are viewing this thread