Job Bishop Guide

PhotonSphere

Best answers
Work In Progress.

Hey, everyone! My IGN is HotSourSoup. I have high-level Bishops in other pre-BB servers, and I am currently a Bishop main in Croosade. I am glad to share my experiences with this class.

Table of Contents:
- Introduction
- AP Build
- SP Build and Training
- Equipment
- Farming
- Bossing
- Reference: 1-hit and 2-hit magic

Introduction

Here are some pros & cons of the class, for those who are not familiar with it:

Pros

1. Good at leveling and meso-farming. Just spam Genesis to kill everything in the entire map.

2. Wanted in bossing parties for Holy Symbol and many other utilities.

3. Very tanky with Magic Guard, Invincible, and Elemental Resistance.

Cons

1. Bishop's 1-vs-1 damage sucks. This class isn't made for it.
  • A funded Bishop can do decent damage to bosses with multiple targets, but that's limited to very few scenarios (e.g. Zakum arms and certain phases of Horntail).
2. Bishop's magic damage is a lot less than I/L and F/P mages.
  • With similar funding, Genesis damage cannot compete with Meteor Shower and Blizzard, because Arch Mages have Element Amplification (+50% damage) and Elemental Wand bonus (+25% damage).
  • As a result, Bishops need a lot of funding to 1-hit holy-neutral monsters. In particular, the most lucrative maps in this game (Temple of Time) have holy-neutral monsters, so Arch Mages have distinct advantages there.
Conclusion

If you like a well-rounded class that does many things pretty well (farming, bossing, carrying PQ, leeching, etc.), then you will probably enjoy playing a Bishop.

If you just want to be the best in one thing (e.g. do most DPS in bossing, or farm mesos most efficiently), then Bishop is not the right class to achieve it. However, you may still want to create an HS mule.

I try to make this guide general,so everyone can find helpful information here.

AP Build

Before LV120: LUKless

LV1-120: +5 INT

The extra INT gives you extra damage. More than enough to compensate for the loss from not wearing high-level equipment.

You may need LUK to wear a better staff / wand after LV120, but the needed LUK should not be high. You can easily add the required LUK after LV120.

In contrast, if you added LUK early, you may realize you don't need so much base LUK after LV120. Then you face a tough choice: either spend 3100 NX per point to wash your LUK back, or lose magic from the extra base LUK.

After LV120: LUKless or Low LUK

There are several different build paths depending on what your goals are.

1. Casual Bishops: You can keep going full INT and use LUKless equipment. You can easily 1-hit gallopera with LUKless equipment and get decent EXP+mesos there.

2. More dedicated Bishops: If you want to achieve higher goals (e.g. 1-hit Skeles), it's easier to do so with a Doomsday Staff (80 LUK requirement). Most Bishops reach that LUK by adding 10-20 base LUK and stacking the remaining LUK from gears.
  • The exact amount of base LUK dpends on your LUK gears. See the "Equipment" section for more details.
  • You can save around 15 AP from previous levels, and add some of them to LUK when you are done with your LUK gears.
3. Top-Bishop-to-be: If you just want to be the Bishop with highest magic, then it's better for you to use LV120 Reverse / Timeless staff, gloves, shoes, and overall. The needed base LUK depends on how good your (potentially chaosed) LUK gears are. I would say anywhere between 20 and 50 base LUK are possible. The lower the better.

You should think carefully before choosing this path. Even the highest farming / bossing goals (1-hit RoR2 and Dark Wyverns in HT) can be achieved with the 2nd build, so you will most likely do this only for personal satisfaction.

Moreover, all Reverse / Timeless gears are untradeable after being equipped, so you cannot use all your godly gears on another Mage / Evan if you ever create one. You also cannot get your investment back by selling your gears.

SP Build and Training

I highly recommend reading @Tommiache 's training guide. Many training tips here are in complement to that guide.

All item prices here are based on my impressions at the time of writing (06/18/2018). They may not be very accurate and may change over time.

1st Job (Magician)

Skills:
(1/20) Energy Bolt
(5/16) Improved MP Recovery
(10/10) Improved maxMP Increase
(20/20) Magic Claw
(16/16) Improved MP Recovery
(20/20) Magic Guard

Skill explanations:
After 1st job advancement at LV8, add 1 point to Energy Bolt so you don't wack monsters anymore. Then maximize Improved maxMP Increase as soon as possible to get the most maxMP. Maximize Magic Claw after that to accelerate training. Make sure to maximize Magic Guard because it will be essential for your survival in late game. Don't add any points to Magic Armor because it's useless in late game.

Training:
LV8-20: Do quests, including:
LV20-30: Do more quests:
The key to efficiency is accepting all relevant quests before starting to kill monsters. For example, if you accept 5 quests that require killing slimes, then 1 slime kill counts as 5. Same goes for the "kill 99" quests and the Rememberer's Training quests in the Astaroth quest line.

2nd Job (Cleric)

Skills:
(1/20) Teleport
(30/30) Heal
(20/20) Teleport
(20/20) MP Eater
(20/20) Invincible
(20/20) Bless

(11/30) Holy Arrow

Feel free to change the order of Teleport, MP Eater, Invincible, and Bless according to your preferences.

Skill explanations:
After 2nd job advancement at LV30, add 1 point to Teleport to make yourself more mobile. Then maximize Heal first because it's your main attacking skill and potion saver in 2nd job.

After that, there is a bit of freedom. If you find yourself using Teleport a lot, you can maximize it to save potions. If you don't use Teleport a lot, you can maximize MP Eater to save potions. If you want to save potions by training without Magic Guard, you can maximize Invincible to help with that. I didn't find Bless to be particularly useful, but you may prioritize it if you have warrior friends with accuracy issues.

Finally, Holy Arrow is similar to Angel Ray in 4th job, only weaker. So don't add more points to it than necessary.

Training:
LV30-50:
  • The Mushroom Kingdom Theme Dungeon is fast EXP for LV30-37. Doing it will give you enough levels to do decent damage with Heal.
  • After that, Trading wins in CPQ is very fast EXP. When it's your turn to win, ask the opponents to spawn Chronos or Master Chronos so you can heal them.
  • Solo training is also viable, and gives your more mesos.
    • You can go to Platoon Chronos between LV37 and LV43. They have a small chance to drop Gloves for ATT 60% (5.5M each).
    • After that, you can go to Master Chronos until LV50. They have a small chance to drop Helmet for DEX 60% (7M each).
LV50-70: EPQ is decent EXP in this level range. If you want to train, go to Mysterious Path 3 (more efficient with a party) or Ghost Ship 2 (more efficient solo). Keep all Dark Crystal Ores you get. You can either sell them for 50K-100K each, or use them for Maker Skills later (see Equipment section). If they fill too many slots in your inventory, you can go to Vogen in El Nath to refine them.

3rd Job (Priest)

Skills:
(1/20) Mystic Door
(3/20) Dispel
(30/30) Holy Symbol
(30/30) Shining Ray
(20/20) Mystic Door
(20/20) Dispel
(30/30) Summon Dragon
(20/20) Elemental Resistance
(1/30) Doom

Feel free to change the order of Mystic Door, Dispel, Summon Dragon, and Elemental Resistance according to your preferences.

Skill explanations:
The 1st point in Mystic Door is optional. A 30-second door can be convenient for your party members in MP3 / Himes, but won't be very useful for yourself.

Maximize Holy Symbol first to accelerate training and get leeching opportunities. Maximize Shining Ray immediately after that so you can start killing Himes around LV85.

After that, there is a bit of freedom. If you do not use Miu Miu the Traveling Merchant, you may want to maximize Mystic Door. But if you use Miu Miu, Mystic Door isn't helpful and can be postponed.

If you want to join Zakum parties as soon as possible, you can maximize Dispel early. Sometimes people accept cleric into Zakum parties when they cannot find a Bishop, and max Dispel will be very helpful for that. You don't get any EXP when you go to Zakum as a priest, but you are entitled to a free Zakum Helmet.

Make sure to have at least 15 points in Summon Dragon to unlock Bahamut in 4th job. I recommend maximizing it and leaving Doom at 1, because Doom is useless.

Training:

3rd job levels are hard for priests (and for most other jobs). Fortunately, you can buy 2x EXP coupons in the point shop. Remember you can only buy two 2x EXP coupons per week. The count resets at 00:00 UTC on Monday.

LV70-85:
  • If you know someone high-leveled (120+), ask them to carry you through the Neo City questline. With a carry, it's LV70 to LV75 within 1 hour.
  • Party train in MP3. This will be painful, but the HS party bonus and 2x coupons can ease it a bit.
  • If you are tired of training, you can leech at Wolf Spiders after LV75. Just stand on top of the map and give HS to attackers as they pass by.
LV85-120:
  • Train at Himes. Use Heal to lure them to one side, then use Shining Ray to kill.
  • Prefer solo in Himes unless one of the following 2 conditions is true (so you can get decent leech exp even if your partner does majority of the damage):
    • You are LV95 or higher.
    • The duo partner is not 5 levels above you.
  • The Black Crow boss spawns in the same map as Himes. Not sure about the exact spawn timer, but it's very long. If you see a Black Crow, don't get close to it, because it deals 8000+ damage. Find another empty channel or ask for help killing it.
  • If you use a 2x EXP coupon at Himes, prefer using it in a Channel where Black Crow is recently killed. Black Crow spawns during 2x coupon are the worst.
  • If you get tired of training, you can leech in ULU2 (LV90+), Jr. Newtie (LV105+), or Skeles (LV108+).
4th Job (Bishop)

Congrats, you made it! The journey has been hard, but it's about to get very rewarding.

Skills:
At LV120, put 2 points into Genesis and 1 point into Resurrection.
After that, the order you max things really depends on the availability of skill / mastery books. Here is a general order of preference:

Genesis
Maple Warrior
Resurrection
Angel Ray
Bahamut
Holy Shield
Infinity

After you pass Genesis 20, you can leave it at 10 until you get close to 894 magic, which allows you to 1-hit Gallopera and 2-hit Skeles with Genesis 20. Adding Genesis to 20 before that drastically increases MP cost without substantial benefits.

You can leave Maple Warrior at 9 or 19 because they gives same stats as 10 or 20.

You can buy a +20 Magic potion from NLC and Miu Miu the Traveling Merchant (from point shop).

I only include skills that are unlocked by quests. For other skills, you can use @drops to look up the source of skill and mastery books.

Genesis 10: Obtained through quest. Here is a brief outline:
  1. Talk to your 3rd Job Instructor. She will send you to an NPC in Ludibrium Library.
  2. Talk to the NPC in Ludibrium Library. He will direct you to Grendel in Ellinia.
  3. After you've spoken to Grendel, head to El Nath and speak to Shammos.
  4. Shammos will direct you back to Grendel and Grendel will direct you back to Shammos.
  5. Shammos will ask you to talk to the 3rd Job Instructor and the 3rd Job Instructor will ask you to talk to Shammos.
  6. Talk to Shammos in El Nath. He will ask you for an item called “Life Root”
  7. Life root drops from monsters in Horntail Prequest. Refer to this guide by @Blue for more details.

Resurrection: Obtained through quest. Here is an outline:
  1. Hunt a [storybook] Black Book from Coolie Zombies or Phantom Watches or Grim Phantom Watches or Thanatos.
  2. Talk to your 4th job Instructor to start the quest chain.
  3. At some point in the quest, you will need 50 Firebomb Flames. The best location to farm them is The Secret Spa, which can be accessed through a hidden portal in the Showa Town spa.
  4. There is a hard jump quest at the end. Refer to the following picture (not made by me. credits to this guide):
croosade_bishop_resurrection_jq.jpg

Infinity 10: Drops from monsters in El Nath PQ. You need to party with a 4th job warrior without Power Stance skill to enter.

Bahamut: Obtained and upgraded by completing quests from Raul the Knight

Training and Farming:
If you want to level fast, duoing with another Bishop at Skeles can give you levels very quickly.
If you want to farm mesos, you can start with Gallopera.

See the "Farming" section for more information about farming mesos.

Equipment

You don't need to worry too much about gears before LV120. Just get a LUKless weapon for you level:
  • LV35 Maple Staff (Optional)
  • LV43 Maple Lama Staff
  • LV64 Maple Shine Wand / Wisdom Staff, OR LV75 Kebob.
Do not use an Elemental Wand! All Elemental Wands reduce holy damage by 25%. You are better off with a LV8 Wooden Wand than with an Elemental Wand.

After LV120, you can start gearing up your Bishop. Here are the recommended gears for the 3 build paths in the "AP Build" section:

1. Casual Bishops: You can get the following LUKless or low LUK equipment:
  • Hat: Zakum Helmet, clean or scrolled with INT.
  • Medal: Master Adventurer.
  • Weapon: A high MA Kebob (LV75 dagger). Or a LV64 Maple Shine Wand / Maple Wisdom Staff scrolled with 60%.
  • Earring: Rex's Green Earring, clean or scrolled with INT.
  • Cape: Purple Adventurer Cape, clean or scrolled with INT.
  • Gloves: None, or Marbas Gloves.
  • Pendant: None, or Mark of Naricain.
  • Belt: None, or low-tier Dojo belts.
  • Overall: Bathrobe clean or scrolled with INT. Or a Doros robe if you have the LUK.
  • Face Accessory: None, or Maple Leaf if you happen to get 1 from gach. Don't gach just for it. You could end up gaching 100K+ NX with no INT leaf.

2. More dedicated Bishops: Doomsday Staff is a very good weapon for this group of players. It has high clean MA (118 average) and low LUK requirement (80).

The LV95 Staff Blue Marine has only 110 clean MA, but requires 98 LUK.
The LV105 Staff Laevateinn is a very rare reward (3% chance) from a hard PQ (DRPQ). It has 120 clean MA and requires 0 LUK. However, it's a durability item, which means it can only be scrolled with Tablets. Tablets themselves are also very rare, give worse stats than 60% scrolls, and has a chance to destroy the item.

The primary goal is stacking 80 LUK for Doomsday Staff without sacrificing too much INT. Maker Skill will be very useful for this purpose. If you are not familiar with Maker Skills, I recommend reading this guide by @Trapcard .

Here is a video demo of what you can do with Maker Skills:

(This is a YouTube video. If YouTube is blocked in your country, you need to use VPN to watch it.)

After you stack 50+ LUK from LUKless equipment, you can start crafting LV50 overall / shoes. They have both INT and LUK on them, so you can use Intermediate / Advanced Dark Crystal to get a bonus in both.

Here is my current LUK gears for 80 LUK. I use red text to highlight every place I sacrificed INT (e.g. scrolling an equipment with LUK instead of INT, or crafting a 1 INT 4 LUK overall instead of 4 INT 1 LUK overall):
  • Base LUK: 10, +1 with MW20
  • Hat: Zakum Helmet (15 LUK)
  • Medal: Master Adventure (2 LUK)
  • Rings: Aura Rings x 4 (4 LUK)
  • Belt: White belt scrolled with 5 60%/70% LUK scrolls (11 LUK). See the "Bossing->Mu Lung Dojo" section for more details.
  • Earring: Rex's Green Earring (3 LUK)
  • Pendant: Egged Horntail Pendant (22 LUK)
  • Overall: Red Calas 1 INT 4 LUK base, use Intermediate Dark Crystal to get 4 INT 7 LUK clean. Scrolled with INT, not LUK.
  • Shoes: Blue Goldwind Shoes 1 INT 2 LUK base, use Intermediate Dark Crystal to get 4 INT 5 LUK clean.
Here is a better (and way more expensive) combination for 80 LUK. This is what I am working towards right now:
  • Base LUK: 8
  • Hat: Chaos Zakum Helmet (21 LUK)
  • Medal: Master Adventure (2 LUK)
  • Rings: Aura Rings x 4 (4 LUK) + Lilin's Ring (2 LUK)
  • Belt: Red Belt (4 LUK)
  • Earring: Rex's Green Earring (3 LUK)
  • Shoulder: Tiger Talon (2 LUK)
  • Pendant: Egged Horntail Pendant (22 LUK)
  • Overall: White Anakamoon 5 INT 1 LUK base, use Advanced Dark Crystal to get 10 INT 6 LUK clean. Scrolled with INT, not LUK.
  • Shoes: Gold Lapiz Sandals 3 INT 1 LUK base, use Advanced Dark Crystal to get 8 INT 6 LUK clean.
Of course, you don't need to follow these combinations strictly. Stacking LUK and INT together is complicated, so there is a lot of room for innovation.

For other gears, you can use:
  • Shield: Maple Shield scrolled with INT.
  • Gloves: Marbas Gloves, Flamekeeper Cordon, or BWG scrolled with MA. Or Maker-ed LV50/60/70 gloves scrolled with MA.
  • Eye accessory: Raccoon Mask scrolled with INT.
  • Face accessory: INT or LUK maple leaf from gachapon.
There are very few Doomsday Staves on the market, because their drop rate is very low even after a buff. See the "Farming" section for tips on farming them yourself.

3. Top-Bishop-to-be: My description for this part may be inaccurate, since I am not in this stage yet.

The key to this build path is stacking the required LUK using LUK from Reverse equipment themselves. For example, the reverse glove has 5 INT 5 LUK clean. Adding an Advanced Dark Crystal and Advanced LUK Crystal gives 13 LUK clean. Leveling it up gives an additional 0-3 LUK. It will be a terrible waste if all these LUK cannot contribute to the 123 LUK requirement of that glove.

Suppose your base LUK and LUK from gears (including reverse gloves, shoes, overall, and staff) can add up to 123, then this set of gears is self-sufficient in terms of LUK. The question is how to equip the reverse gears in the first place.

Here is the trick: you scroll LUK on some dummy shield, cape, and earring. Wear them before you wear your reverse equipment, then replace them with regular mage gears (INT-scrolled maple shield, purple adventurer cape, and rex earring) afterwards.

Does this trick work? I haven't tested it myself, but I have talked with a Bishop who uses reverse staff, and he says it works.

Here is an example case analysis. Suppose you have the following items:
  1. Reverse Myst Blue (12 LUK Overall), Reverse Hermosa (13 LUK Gloves), Reverse Cabatina (12 LUK Shoes). Total of 37 LUK from reverse equips.
  2. (21 helm + 4 aura ring + 2 Lilin ring + 4 Red belt + 2 Tiger Talon + 22 Hortnail Pendant) = 55 LUK from other LUKless non-dummy equips.
  3. 20 LUK shield, 10 LUK cape, 10 LUK earring = 40 LUK from dummy equips.
  4. 31 base LUK
Then you can do the following steps:
  • Wear gears from groups 2 and 3 to get 126 LUK.
  • Wear all your reverse equips from group 1. You have 163 LUK now.
  • Take off your dummy equips from group 3. You have 123 LUK now.
  • Wear your Reverse staff and your shield / cape / earring with MA.
The 31 base LUK seems high, but you get much more MA from Reverse Staff, Gloves, Overall, and Shoes. Moreover, the 31 base LUK can be further reduced by chasing a maple leaf with both INT & LUK, or chaosing a Blue / Red / Black belt.

Farming

Bishop is very good at farming mesos. Here I introduce some farming techniques and locations.

All item prices here are based on my impressions at the time of writing (06/18/2018). They may not be very accurate and may change over time.

Farming Technique 1: Meso Up Mule

Meso Up is a Hermit 3rd job skill that makes monsters drop 50% more mesos

Meso Up is very strong in this server. A large portion of your farming income comes from mesos dropped by monsters, because equipment drop rate and NPC price are nerfed in this version

You don't need to make a meso-up mule if you are a casual player. However, if you plan to get serious and farm for long hours, you should consider making a Meso Up mule. There are many advantages:
  1. More income (3M - 5M more per hour in popular farming locations).
  2. You also get Haste from your Meso Up mule, which further increases your farming efficiency..
  3. You can get EXP on your Hermit. If you start leeching your Hermit at LV89 in Galloperas, it will eventually reach LV120 and become an NL, while you are making tons of mesos. Isn't that nice? After that point, you can try out an attacker whenever you want.
However, it's time-consuming to get a LV89 hermit. It's up to you to decide whether or not you want a meso-up mule, and if yes, whether you want to train it or leech it. Leeching is slower than regular training, but some low-level leech locations have nice drops.

Personally speaking, I leeched my Meso Up mule all the way from LV 20 to LV 120:
Compared to active training, my hermit only gets 20% of the EXP per monster from leeching. Therefore, my Bishop needs to kill 5 times the mobs to give same levels as active training, which is why leeching is slower even if my Bishop kills a lot faster.

On the other hand, killing a lot more mobs also gives me a lot more valuable drops for the same level range. For example, if I actively train my hermit from LV41 to LV58 in Master Chronos, I probably would get only 15 Helmet DEX 60%.
  • LV 20-37: Leeched through job quests & Mushroom Kingdom. Very fast.
  • LV 37-41: Leeched in Platoon Chronos. Got 4 GFA 60% in the process.
  • LV 41-58: Leeched Master Chronos. Got 75 Helmet DEX 60% in the process.
  • LV 58-65: Leeched in Ghost Ship 2.
  • LV 65-70: Leeched in Windraiders.
  • LV 70-75: Leeched through Neo City quests.
  • LV 75-89: Leeched in Wolf Spiders. Got 10 ilbis and many spear ATT 30% in the process.
  • LV 89-120: Leeched at Galloperas.

Farming Technique 2: 2x Drop Coupon

After LV 120, you may spend your points on 2x drop coupons to boost your farming income.

For example, 2x drop coupon increase your income at Galloperas by 12M per hour, at the cost of 20 points per hour. So you are essentially converting 1 Croosade point to 600K mesos.

Farming Location 1: Gallopera

Map: Malaysia - Entrance to the Spooky World

Profits (1-hit):
Meso drops: 8M per hour without meso up.
NPCing worthless Equip/Use/ETC: 3M-3.5M per hour
Valuable drops:
  • Gloves for ATT 60% (5.5M to 6M). 1 scroll per hour on average.
  • Bottomwear DEX 60% (350K to 450K). 2-3 scrolls per hour on average.

Farming Location 2: Skeles

Map: Mini Dungeon - The Restoring Memory

Profits (1-hit):
Meso drops: 8M per hour without meso up.
NPCing worthless Equip/Use/ETC: 7M per hour.
Valuable drops:
  • Katara for ATT 60%
  • Dagger for ATT 60%
  • Clean Slate Scroll 1%
  • Dragon Scales and Dragon Spirits
  • Dark Crystal Ores
  • Magic Powders (Brown, Blue, Green, Yellow, Black)
  • Power Elixirs

Farming Location 3: Jonin and Ninto

Map: Zipangu - Castle Corridor [9] and Zipangu - Boudoir 1

Ninto is the only monster that drops Doomsday Staff!

Ninja Castle is very confusing to navigate, so I made a video guide:

(This is a YouTube video. If YouTube is blocked in your country, you need to use VPN to watch it.)

These maps have negligible stable profits from meso drops and NPCing. There are many amazing drops, but all of them have miserable drop rates. Therefore, farming Doomsday Staff can be a painful process. If you are unlucky, you can spend hours getting nothing.

The drop rate estimations below may not be accurate. It is inherently difficult to estimate low drop rates.

Profits (1-hit):
Meso drops and NPCing worthless Equip/Use/ETC: 2M - 3M per hour.
Valuable Drops:
  • Shield for Magic ATT 60% (12M to 15M). Less than 1 scroll per 2 hours.
  • Eye Accessory for INT 60% (3M to 4M). Less than 1 scroll per 2 hours.
  • Eye Accessory for Accuracy 30% (4M). Less than 1 scroll per 2 hours.
  • Eye Accessory for INT 30% (7M). Less than 1 scroll per 3 hours.
  • Ilbi Throwing Star (6M - 7M). Less than 1 star per 6 hours.
  • Doomsday Staff: around 4 hours per staff in Castle Corridor [9]. Around 3 hours per staff in Boudoir 1.
    • An average Doomsday Staff (118 MA) sells for 20M-25M in FM. Not sure about price of higher MA ones due to limited supply.

Farming Location 4: Memory Lane 5

Will be added in the future. I cannot 1-hit Chief Memory Guardian yet.

Bossing

Mu Lung Dojo

Check out this general Mu Lung Dojo Guide by @Charlie .

Party Dojo is the fastest way to get training points as a Bishop. You heal other party members when they are at low health. Stay far away from bosses that have 1/1 abilities.

When I cannot find a party, I just solo Dojo. It is best to do so after getting Angel Ray 10. I usually just repeat Floors 1-9, quitting at Floor 10 because Alishar is very tanky and strong against holy.

I spammed White Belts until I got one with five 60%/70% passed (see "Equipment" section for more details). Since Bishop is not made for soloing bosses, I will probably buy Red / Black belts from others when I need them.

Zakum

One of the good things about Croosade is that multi-clienting is disabled in bosses. This means attackers cannot bring their own Priest / Bishop unless they have multiple computers. As a result, Holy Symbol is a desired resource in Zakum. Some parties even offer Gen20 (if drops) to Priest / Bishop when they cannot find HS.

Your job as a Priest / Bishop in Zakum includes:
  • Keep Holy Symbol up for all party members during arms, and before 3rd body dies.
    • Don't need to HS during 1st and 2nd body, because they don't give any EXP.
  • Dispel the attackers when they kill the bottom-left 2 arms in the beginning.
    • I think one of the bottom 2 arms is the blind / curse / seal arm? After those arms are killed, I never need to dispel again during arms. Do correct me if I am wrong.
  • Dispel the attackers when Zakum body uses the lightening attack (which seals everyone).
Other tips:
  • Do not heal when a Dark Knight is in your party. They need to stay low HP to maximize damage, due to their 4th job skill Berserk.
  • After the bottom-left 2 arms are killed, you can genesis other arms if you want to, but it's not a requirement. Also, don't forget to keep HS up while doing so.
  • During main body, don't use Genesis to kill mobs when attackers are still attacking. You cannot 1-hit them, so you will only draw them down and create a mess. When body uses weapon cancel and warrior & DB start to clear mobs, if they ask for your help, you can help them using Genesis.
  • When someone respawns using Wheel of Destiny, they are very vulnerable because they only have 50 HP. You can Heal them while they are still hanging mid-air to minimize chance of dying again. Dark Knights usually don't mind being healed in this situation.
  • Feel free to ask for a Zakum Helmet if you need it! Zakum Helmet itself isn't worth much to the attackers. It sells for 35-40M primarily because Scissors of Karma costs 50 Croosade points.
Horntail

I did Horntail in other pre-BB servers, but I have not done Horntail here, because I hate the Manon & HTPQ mechanics in this server.

You can refer to the Horntail Guide by @Blue for some general information.

Calling for help! Maybe some Bishops who are experienced in HT here can write this part?

Reference: 1-hit and 2-hit Magic

The following table shows the magic required for 1-hitting and 2-hitting some monsters:

croosade_bishop_one_two_hit.png

For example, the magic to 1-hit Skeles with Genesis 30 is 1297, give or take 6.

Notice Jonin, Gallopera, Ninto, and Skeles have unusually low magic requirements for their HP, because they are holy-weak.

You can ignore extremely high magic requirements in the bottom-right corner, since they are not realistic to achieve.

Why does everything come with an uncertainty range? Contrary to popular belief, Magic is not the only factor that affects Bishop's damage. There are other factors, but their influence is small. If you don't care about these details, you can assume the require magic will most likely fall into the range above.

The formula for Bishop's minimum damage is:

((Magic^2 / 1000 + Magic * Mastery * 0.9) / 30 + INT / 200) * Skill_Damage * Elemental_Advantage

Where:
  • Mastery is 60% for Genesis
  • Skill_Damage is 520 for Genesis 10, 620 for Genesis 20, and 670 for Genesis 30.
  • Elemental_Advantage is 1.5 for holy-weak, 1.0 for holy-neural, and 0.5 for holy-strong.
You can see that INT and Magic Attack are not equal. 1 INT gives an additional bonus in the INT/200 term on top of the 1 magic it gives. For example, 900 INT + 100 MA will do more damage than 800 INT + 200 MA, although both cases yield 1000 magic.

Therefore, if most of your Magic comes from INT (e.g. you are a high-level Bishop with bad gears), your 1-hit requirement will be slightly lower. On the other hand, if lots of your Magic comes from Magic Attack (e.g. you are a low-level Bishop with godly gears), your 1-hit requirement will be slightly higher.

Use variable "a" to denote the INT/Magic ratio. Substituting in INT = (Magic* a) yields quadratic equation for 1-hit:

((Magic^2 / 1000 + Magic * Mastery * 0.9) / 30 + (Magic * a) / 200) * Skill_Damage * Elemental_Advantage = Monster_HP

Most Bishops have a INT/Magic ratio between 0.7 and 0.9. Substitute a=0.9 above to get the low end of one-hit Magic. Substitute a=0.7 above to get the high end of 1-hit magic. The reference table above shows ((high + low) / 2) +- ((high - low) / 2).

For 2-hit magic, just use Monster_HP / 2 instead of Monster_HP.

Last edited:

PhotonSphere

Best answers
There are probably some grammar and content errors in this guide, since I wrote it from 10 PM to 3 AM.

I will fix them later. Now I just need to sleep @[email protected]

Feel free to give feedback! Grammar suggestions are welcome too, since my native language is not English.

Last edited:

Miro

Best answers
IGN
Miro
Very nice guide! Do you remember how long it took you to lvl your meso mule to 120 at wolf spiders and gallos?
Also why do you have to be lvl 95+ to leech at himes? Can you duo at himes after 80?

jitenp

Best answers
IGN
Gx10
Also why do you have to be lvl 95+ to leech at himes? Can you duo at himes after 80?
Himes are a level 100 mob so you have to hit them in order to get any exp before level 95. You probably can duo at 80 but you'll get less exp.

Maple2003

Best answers
This is my favorite guide I've read on this site, and I'm not even interested in making a bishop. It's amazingly detailed and helpful, you did an awesome job and thank you for taking the time to make and share such an awesome and helpful guide!

PhotonSphere

Best answers
Very nice guide! Do you remember how long it took you to lvl your meso mule to 120 at wolf spiders and gallos?
I didn't keep track of time, so these are rough estimates.

Around 20 hours to leech from LV75 to LV89 at Wolf Spiders. I remember getting 1 ilbi every 2 hours, and I got a total of 10 ilbis.

Around 60 hours to leech from LV89 to LV120 at Galloperas.

Miro

Best answers
IGN
Miro
I didn't keep track of time, so these are rough estimates.

Around 20 hours to leech from LV75 to LV89 at Wolf Spiders. I remember getting 1 ilbi every 2 hours, and I got a total of 10 ilbis.

Around 60 hours to leech from LV89 to LV120 at Galloperas.
Wow thats longer than I thought. I guess I will stick to training my hermit instead of leeching it haha. Thanks for the info!

Cifrel

Best answers
IGN
Chili
When making the overall and shoes would it be better to use LUK crystal instead? Since I thought dark crystal ores is a random +/- (kinda like chaos scroll) - or is it a guarantee +3 or +5?

PhotonSphere

Best answers
When making the overall and shoes would it be better to use LUK crystal instead? Since I thought dark crystal ores is a random +/- (kinda like chaos scroll) - or is it a guarantee +3 or +5?
Intermediate Dark Crystal has 50% chance to +3 on all stats, and 50% chance to -3 on all stats.

Advanced Dark Crystal has 50% chance to +5 on all stats, and 50% chance to -5 on all stats.

Since LV50 overall and shoes have only 1 gem slot, you need to choose between Dark Crystal, Wisdom Crystal, and LUK Crystal. I think Dark Crystal is better, because you can get a bonus on both INT and LUK. Besides, 50% chance to get the maximum bonus is not low at all.

You can watch the video demo to see Dark Crystal in action. It only took me 2 tries to get a +3 on both INT and LUK.

Last edited:

Kyorin

Best answers
IGN
Magix
Speaking of stacking 80 luk to equip doomsday staff, here are the gears that I am wearing, credits to Charlie for giving me suggestion.

Czak helm - 22 luk
Saint exorcist medal - 3 luk
Rings - 6 luk (4 from aura ring and 2 from lilin's ring)
White belt -1 luk
Green rex - 3 luk (try to get 4 luk, if not 3 luk)
Blue anakamoon - 10 luk (with advanced crystal crafted)
Blue lapiz shoes - 6 luk (with intermediate crystal crafted)
Chocopop - 4 luk (try to get, or not 3 luk)
HTP - 23 luk
Crimsonheart cloak - 5 luk

With that I have a total of 86 luk. You don't necessarily need to get a czak but with that it gives you more flexibility with other gears, especially for those crafted one. I think white anakamoon gives more base INT that the blue counterpart.

PhotonSphere

Best answers
I quit this game in July 2018, and I will probably never return. If anyone else want to take ownership of this guide and keep it updated, maybe the forum moderators can transfer the ownership.

bKzh

Best answers
Himes are a level 100 mob so you have to hit them in order to get any exp before level 95. You probably can duo at 80 but you'll get less exp.
To gain insane exp as a bishop at lvl 80, have your attacker stand on the extreme right or left side of map. As a bishop, just lure all the himes to your attacker using heal. As u lure, u have already "hit" the mob, so u will be able to gain exp from the kill.

lokemer

Best answers
Prefer solo in Himes unless one of the following 2 conditions is true (so you can get decent leech exp even if your partner does majority of the damage):
  • You are LV95 or higher.
  • The duo partner is not 5 levels above you.
i might be idiot but this part is kinda confusing

so if my duo partner is 5 levels above me i should solo? or the other way around?

kekcro

Best answers
bishop guide:
remove every key on ur keyboard except one, bind it to heal/genesis/hs
done

Slumber

Best answers
A special note should be made on "Laevateinn" as it gives a 20% damage to devil type attributes. All of ToT (including the mini-beans, but not the eye of times) are devil type and will increase damage of genesis by 20%, thus making this BiS for bishops in ToT only (even though it cannot be scrolled, the 20% boost lowers the 2.2k magic requirement at obl 4 to around 1900).

*This effect works pre-bb*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)