Change CoG in MP from 30% to 50%

Haruru

Best answers
IGN
Haruru
Most people will mcs their eq 1-2 times and csog the rest. Thus making the csog more in demand item.
I think if we want to make 50% csog available from monster park, maybe make it limited by quantity per week / month or account (might be a bad thing in the future).
I don't think people will spam pq just to sell their csog. There is a high chance the one sold in fm are from the gacha.

Phantera

Best answers
what i notice last time, most if not all player. went into PQ with a fixed party, sometimes they are nice enough to carry 1 or 2 extra member there are an empty slot (tho it's a very rare occasion). thus creating a barrier for new to mid player who dont spend 24 hour of their life on9 in maple to progress into the late stage. aside for CRA, CPB and hellux, empress and HH, other Bosses can be kill by a single player. most veteran player already completed their equipment that needed to be COG, solo story been happening for quite sometimes, there's no sugar coating it.

Croosade, have a quite a big entry hurdle for new player. the same excuses that always been used by a certain "clique" is that a new player doesn't need all these good gear because they started to play croosade during the early age, everything is hard. so new player too have to experience it. this are the people who push away player most of the time.

now take a step back and look at the server.
we dont have a bossing call anymore to kill bosses so new player who wish to collect boss coin have to take a longer time to build their gear. Yes CRA EQ are very cheap right now. but gearing up from zero are always challenging. not everyone can spend 4-6 hour daily to play game.

also I never see mcs is traded 1 to 1 to cog. and player use alot more cog compared to mcs.

i love croosade, its the best maple private server that I ever experienced. however, the community not so much.
I'm glad that I played this with a Real Life friend or I would quit the server right away if not.

Masking

Best answers
what i notice last time, most if not all player. went into PQ with a fixed party, sometimes they are nice enough to carry 1 or 2 extra member there are an empty slot (tho it's a very rare occasion). thus creating a barrier for new to mid player who dont spend 24 hour of their life on9 in maple to progress into the late stage. aside for CRA, CPB and hellux, empress and HH, other Bosses can be kill by a single player. most veteran player already completed their equipment that needed to be COG, solo story been happening for quite sometimes, there's no sugar coating it.

Croosade, have a quite a big entry hurdle for new player. the same excuses that always been used by a certain "clique" is that a new player doesn't need all these good gear because they started to play croosade during the early age, everything is hard. so new player too have to experience it. this are the people who push away player most of the time.

we dont have a bossing call anymore to kill bosses so new player who wish to collect boss coin have to take a longer time to build their gear. Yes CRA EQ are very cheap right now. but gearing up from zero are always challenging. not everyone can spend 4-6 hour daily to play game.

also I never see mcs is traded 1 to 1 to cog. and player use alot more cog compared to mcs.

i love croosade, its the best maple private server that I ever experienced. however, the community not so much.
I'm glad that I played this with a Real Life friend or I would quit the server right away if not.

exactly , no need even to spend time to explaining anything since the “old clique” already has prepared attack and answers for anything that is out of their small range point of view . Fake army of supporters? Lol , there are so many players who don’t post here only because of these kind of behavior people have here. Solostory? Oh nice i didn’t know the game is called PartyStory .. nice logics, i play maplestory since v0.13 and solo grinding and progress was always the main part of the game , party is just a bonus but the game is not based on it , as you can also see that even today you have solo modes to anything . “Fake competition” LOL , there is competition in anything everywhere anytime , inside and outside this game. This is why you got rankings , this is why you got Market , this is why people sell things and prices changes everytime . This is why you smega and flex you chaosed items to fill your inner honor inside psychologically, yes , all of us . “SO JUST BUY THE SCROLL IN FM” oh wow what an amazing logic we got there , so why even bother to farm cubes? Jus buy em in FM , why even bother MP for mirc chaos u said u hate it , jus buy it in FM , why even boss for coins , buy SS in FM . Amazing logic .
And yeah , my messages keep getting deleted while i tried to avoid personal conversation , and others can still edit and write . Whatever . I give up on trying anymore

Millium

Best answers
Most people will mcs their eq 1-2 times and csog the rest. Thus making the csog more in demand item.
I think if we want to make 50% csog available from monster park, maybe make it limited by quantity per week / month or account (might be a bad thing in the future).
I don't think people will spam pq just to sell their csog. There is a high chance the one sold in fm are from the gacha.
If you actually mcs your gear, you’d understand that takes several tries to land one good mcs, much less two. If It ruins the item, you either have to inno or fuse and start again. Saying cogs are more in demand because “people mcs 1-2” times is silly, because it glosses over how many mcs you have to use on average to get good results.

Hitsuyo

Best answers
There was a time i go to pq map and tried to join them but got ignored. Not everyone is in the same timezone so we can't always pq anytime we like. Keep it at 30% but reduce the price or make it 50% and increase the price

Haruru

Best answers
IGN
Haruru
If you actually mcs your gear, you’d understand that takes several tries to land one good mcs, much less two. If It ruins the item, you either have to inno or fuse and start again. Saying cogs are more in demand because “people mcs 1-2” times is silly, because it glosses over how many mcs you have to use on average to get good results.
Yes I do mcs my gear. but mostly on the cra gears. Didn't thought about other equips as the owner post did mention about 7-11 slots. My bad on that claimed.

TradeMarks

Best answers
Cogs demand will be always higher simply because you need to mcs once or twice ur gear then cog it (90% of the people will just mcs once)
so even if u need to inno 10 times one item and mcs each time once. the remaining slots will require at the very least 6 cogs (chaos pink bean mark) and imma assure you that you wont have 6/6....
imma support this suggestion to add cogs just because 30% cogs is not even worth the Lucky day and safety scroll. its very rare to see someone using 30% cog just because of the price of these.

Dametime

Best answers
exactly , no need even to spend time to explaining anything since the “old clique” already has prepared attack and answers for anything that is out of their small range point of view . Fake army of supporters? Lol , there are so many players who don’t post here only because of these kind of behavior people have here. Solostory? Oh nice i didn’t know the game is called PartyStory .. nice logics, i play maplestory since v0.13 and solo grinding and progress was always the main part of the game , party is just a bonus but the game is not based on it , as you can also see that even today you have solo modes to anything . “Fake competition” LOL , there is competition in anything everywhere anytime , inside and outside this game. This is why you got rankings , this is why you got Market , this is why people sell things and prices changes everytime . This is why you smega and flex you chaosed items to fill your inner honor inside psychologically, yes , all of us . “SO JUST BUY THE SCROLL IN FM” oh wow what an amazing logic we got there , so why even bother to farm cubes? Jus buy em in FM , why even bother MP for mirc chaos u said u hate it , jus buy it in FM , why even boss for coins , buy SS in FM . Amazing logic .
And yeah , my messages keep getting deleted while i tried to avoid personal conversation , and others can still edit and write . Whatever . I give up on trying anymore
Yes, if you are too lazy to find people to pq with then the alternative is fm. If you want to play solostory why have an fm at all. Its not like there no option for getting cogs at all once event is over. There's plenty of people that smega for pq before event started, but I would understand you very limited point of view considering you started playing once event rolled around and never knew where to even get cogs to begin with without event. FM is to buy stuff when you are in a rush or too lazy to grind for it yourself. Since when has maple been about only doing the parts you enjoy? Grinding is tedious and unrewarding sometimes, but thats what maplestory is. So you solo grinded from 100 all the way up to 200? You never did anything party related? Hard to believe. I'd be down to listen to any logical arguments, but so far none of the people in favor of this has proven to me that this is a necessary addition. Can't find PQ? more like you dont try to find people at PQ because I have afk'd at pq house prior to this event and people I have never even seen ask me and invite me to pq when I don't want to. You haven't even experienced life outside of event because like you said, you joined 2-3months ago when event started, haven't even given it a shot and you want changes. How are we the ones with the limited POV here?

You call it cliques because all your past posts have been about shitting on croosade and trying to make it easier. Maybe you don't have bossing calls because you said it yourself in previous posts, you prefer solostory, but now you come here and pretend like you cant find parties for anything. You even made a suggestion about this previously, and you called it being "attacked" but maybe you were too stubborn to see it, and chose the tactic of "my way or the highway." Also, please stop with the entry to croosade is hard for new players. They have made it a LOT easier than before so I don't know what you're talking about. Lvl 2 merc links, and free leeching at RA from lvl 100 onwards, Fafnir weapons for any class used to be 500m+ for non-meta classes and over 1.5b+ for metaclasses, and now you have prices dropping everyday. CRA equips are 15m or less for decent stats, and its so much easier to farm than before. Also, your logic of being compensated equally as a person who plays casually (2-3 hrs a day) vs someone who plays (4-6hrs) is the most baffling thing I've heard. Ofc people play more are gonna have advantages. Check Croosade discord, theres plenty of people on market trading cog for mcs and vice versa.

Please don't come at me with the "oh old players don't know the struggle." I quit and restarted recently too and I find croosade much easier than when I first played. Croosade has never been about giving out handouts, and its something admins have said time and time again. Check the gollux post if you don't believe me. That being said, you get so much more than u would otherwise, because you get free gollux coins for running any version of gollux other than hell, with gives you end game equips, CRA equips that allow you to solo a lot of the easy bosses without much funding, but because you have to run PQ and actually interact and put in effort to get cogs, you don't want to? PQ requires attention and time, so it makes sense that it's more rewarding, while MP is purely at your own leisure and pace, so it makes sense that its not as rewarding. Also, if we're gonna go ahead and add things to MP and make PQ less unique, why not add MCS 60, COG50, INNO 60 to all shops and not just MP. Why not add it to RA shop, Murt's shop, PQ shop, and gollux shop too?

Last edited:

Friend

Best answers
I came back 3-4 months ago and I did get to experience the game before RED event.

I still disagree with changing COGs in Monster Park. Just because the scroll isn't available there doesn't mean you can't get it. The fact that it's more efficient to get it elsewhere means people will be incentivized to do more than just grind MP. As I said, before RED started, I was mostly just farming WRZ and MP with my Lumi because I couldn't really PQ and I made enough meso that I was able to buy most of the stuff I wanted.

It will be much, much, muuuuuuuch slower than it currently is, but you'll see that you can get away with just getting MCS from MP and selling them/trading them for COGs or whatever it is you need from content you don't want to do. Changing COG from 30% to 50% won't really help anyone, anyway. The problem wasn't what you could get from these stores but the rates at which you could get them. I'm so tired of farming the same spot, every day for hours upon hours to get these stupid boxes for RED coins, but it's still preferable to what normal rates are. I don't look forward to November 1st.

Dametime

Best answers
“Changing CoG 30% to 50% Won’t Help anyone”

WHO SAID? You and your friend ? Oh ok then
okay, so lets hear you out. Should it just be adding cog50 to mp shops or all shops like PQ shop, Murt's, RA, and gollux? Should admins also implement inn60 in all those shops too? If not, what is your reasoning for not adding to those shops and just MP shop?

Friend

Best answers
“Changing CoG 30% to 50% Won’t Help anyone”

WHO SAID? You and your friend ? Oh ok then

I don't type like an idiot but yes. I backed that statement with the experience I had while playing before the event, and if you knew what's it like when you can't just buy 10 COGs, 10 MCSs and a couple Innos a week by playing 2-3 hour a day at your own leisure, you'd see that changing the % of one scroll is pointless and it's the rate at which you get them when there isn't an OP event going on that is a problem.

Basically, you're disagreeing with a point you shouldn't be disagreeing with if you want the game to be slightly easier for yourself.

Haruru

Best answers
IGN
Haruru
okay, so lets hear you out. Should it just be adding cog50 to mp shops or all shops like PQ shop, Murt's, RA, and gollux? Should admins also implement inn60 in all those shops too? If not, what is your reasoning for not adding to those shops and just MP shop?
I think maybe those are for another discussion.

250 coins is reasonable, because you can already get cogs from PQ. MP shouldn’t be the only avenue people depend on for getting scrolls. It ends up devaluing PQ even further as the only thing worth getting from PQ would be the inno 60 scrolls. Keeping cog 50’s obtainable from PQ only would help make people do different things other than just spam mp. 250 coins for cog 50 at mp = if you’re desperate and need a cog but don’t want to look for a pq party, but it would still keep PQ’s as the primary option if you want cogs/inno60.
I do agree with this one, if the csog change from 30% to 50%

BreadTomato

Best answers
I personally wouldn’t want the change of COG from 30% to 50% because I think it is nice to have a different variant of a item (lower percentage) in a different shop, just like how sometimes you might choose to buy MCS 30% from the PQ Shop (or at least I did) when you are despo as heck.

Instead I would embrace the idea of reducing the price of COG 30 instead to make it more ‘viable’ in purchasing. I personally don’t think anyone really bother to buy COG 30 because of how expensive it is to use compared to MCS, and I don’t really see how the market would shift such that COG 30 becomes worthy for purchasing in the future.

The goal here that I think would be that MCS is most efficiently obtained in MP, and COGs most efficiently obtained in PQs, but still make MCS and COGs feel ‘viable’ for purchase in both PQ shop and MP shop respectively. Therefore instead of the steep price of 150 coin, could we perhaps reduce it to maybe 120coins to make it a little more viable, but at the same time still less efficient than getting it through PQ? Basically a point where PQ-ing is still the best, with MP-ing still being a costly option but not as costly as now which deters I think almost all of the population from buying it

Marcus

Best answers
Nah, 50% cogs definitely shouldn't be in the monster park shop. If anything they should lower the price of the 30% cogs by quite a lot.
Croosade coins are just getting easier and easier to get, with every new boss added the daily Croosade coin count per character just keep getting higher and higher. And on top of that it's easier than ever to reach bossing levels of damage on new characters, both for new players and old, and that's just gonna keep getting easier and easier as new equips come out making old top tier equips the new mule/beginner tier equips.
If the 30% cogs were then actually more reasonably priced, people might actually want to buy them. Because if you buy those, you'd have to make up for it by spending a whole lot more of your Croosade coins on safety and lucky day scrolls, but if the 30% cogs were reasonably enough priced, some people might actually be willing make that trade off

AnnKnight

Best answers
IGN
CryosLight
I'm more supportive of lowering the costs of COG 30% so that it looks more reasonable for those that want to gamble on the 30% vs 50%. Right now, 150 coins doesn't justify it.

As someone that only started gearing up not too long ago, I can give my 'new' player experience starting from red event. I have not touched a single MCS or COG or Chaos scroll as of now and I can clear all the bosses solo with exception of CRA, CPB, Hellux, and maybe Hard Hilla(untested). Chaos/MCS/COG is not required to even participate in those content. I preferred to focus on scrolls that have only one layer of RNG such as weapon, heart, gloves, shield. (guaranteed stats after successful scrolls is what I mean).

I consider myself pretty stubborn too and do something you may call 'wasting time' like random quests, random achievements or getting 4k score on crusader codex. I farm on paladin/'lazy tank' too and stubbornly refuse to farm on lumi or demon slayer. I only actively farm only about on average 3-4 hours a day. I still have been able to reach 10k stats within a month without touching a single cog/mcs. I have only started buying cogs and innocence scrolls from RED shop.

I don't think new players can be that behind the older players. Maybe limited items like medals but that's really small. There's plenty of room for new players to 'catch up' and I don't think COGs 50% should be added to MP shop if we're talking about 'for new players'. If you somehow think they are, COGs 50% not being in MP shop is not one of them. Most of my mesos come from selling MCS from MP and that's what the FM is about.

And just in case I need to mention it. I may have joined on March 15th, 2020, but I only played for about 15 days with some days doing absolutely nothing. I joined another server before I returned in September. And for your information, I was only 30k range in the beginning of September.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread