Gold Richie has some NEWS for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moontricks

Best answers
Cool event! Wish I was around for this one sounds like im missing a good item :(

Generous

Best answers
you are comparing getting bis from an endgame boss that requires significant time and gold investment to killing golden pigs.
How do you expect BIS belts to be coming out? Probably a token method from Malady? And where do you suppose tokens might drop, from monsters around your level or something? Definitely not an end-game boss. Not all best in slots have to be from bosses, otherwise the game would not sustain itself with noobs complaining all the time and striving to get BIS and not upgrade. It's an accessory out of everything and it's also unscrollable - it has no slots. That makes it fine to be the BIS from golden pigs compared to BIS from end game bosses with slots.

tier5

Best answers
How do you expect BIS belts to be coming out? Probably a token method from Malady? And where do you suppose tokens might drop, from monsters around your level or something? Definitely not an end-game boss. Not all best in slots have to be from bosses, otherwise the game would not sustain itself with noobs complaining all the time and striving to get BIS and not upgrade. It's an accessory out of everything and it's also unscrollable - it has no slots. That makes it fine to be the BIS from golden pigs compared to BIS from end game bosses with slots.
you do realize very few bis in this game comes from bosses? most bis in this game are relativly easy to obtain but require a lot of scrolling to become good.
why does being an accessory justify anything? why does having no slots matter if it is better than anything with slots?

you compared going from reverse to timeless to dojo belt to witch belt. going from reverse to timeless requires one to farm weak mobs vs getting an item from a boss that requires unobtainably good gear in every single slot to defeat. going from dojo to witch belt requires one to farm dojo/weak monsters for points/tokens.

Last edited:

Charlie

Best answers
IGN
toot & poop
you do realize very few bis in this game comes from bosses? most bis in this game are relativly easy to obtain but require a lot of scrolling to become good.
why does being an accessory justify anything? why does having no slots matter if it is better than anything with slots?

you compared going from reverse to timeless to dojo belt to witch belt. going from reverse to timeless requires one to farm weak mobs vs getting an item from a boss that requires unobtainably good gear in every single slot to defeat. going from dojo to witch belt requires one to farm dojo/weak monsters for points/tokens.
What exactly are you arguing for at this point?

Generous

Best answers

okay so you AGREE with me that not all BIS come from bosses then earlier you made the claim that "you are comparing getting bis from an endgame boss that requires significant time and gold investment to killing golden pigs."
Either way we're talking best in slots no? Either way we agree that there are many best in slot equips that are obtainable solely from content that is not "endgame bosses." Either way golden pigs fall under this category. It's an easy way to get a best in slot through grinding, much like other systems which are possible like event tokens.

I used the two following examples to compare to BIS face accessories from golden pigs
- The transition from reverse to timeless
Reverse are the current obtainable best in slot weapon and are makered with ETC drops from common mobs
Timeless are the future best in slot weapon which require an ETC from an end game boss
As seen, the best in slot rarity can vary

- The potential Witches Purple Belt with ATK
Currently, the black dojo belt is the best in slot. This is obtainable by repeating dojo and killing these bosses, even possible for a noob who can only clear a few bosses if they are committed enough.
If the Witches Purple Belt is implemented in a way similar to GMS or other servers, it may use a token system in which common monsters drop coins. Anyone can farm these coins.

Now, you're complaining about golden pigs.
Everyone has the opportunity to farm compasses and letters to earn a chance at obtaining the coveted Strawberry Popsicle. It's the best in slot which is possible for noobs and pros alike. The difference here is the fact that it's an RNG drop, but RNG exists within the game everywhere. Heck, drop rates are all RNG for pieces of time and event tokens.

You are complaining that the
le is so op and doesn't require any scrolling that it makes all other face accs and face scrolls worthless. Even the godliest maple leaf can barely compare to it. Since u guys decided to make it perm, i hope you guys bring it back in the future because they will cost a hefty sum to any new player that didnt snag one now.
It is op because it's the best in slot currently. But also everyone can obtain it whether they choose to spend a large sum on the item or take their chances with buying letters or simply farm. It's not a distant dream where you have to kill CZak despite being a week into the game. Additionally, the popsicles help players rise to the opportunity to defeat Pink Bean which in turn benefits the whole server so that Timeless equips can be forged, etc, but players aren't required to have a strawberry popsicle as a prerequisite to challenge the end game boss.

I personally dont like event items being so op because it heavily punishes players that werent part of the event
In response to this point, no one ever claimed that it was never coming back. It could come back next summer as well. They could replace it with a new best in slot item whether it's custom or not. It's not a punishment for players - it's an advantage or reward for those who played during the time. You can't punish people for not doing something... Punishment comes as an aftermath, a consequence. Here, players are receiving the opportunity to gain a valuable item and future players can still potentially buy them for absurd prices or wait for future events or make a maple leaf, although it won't match the popsicle it's not going to make them utterly useless.

Finally, this is a reminder that it has been a single day of golden pigs running around. This is not a good representation of how the economy will be or how many popsicles might come into the game. It may give a quick outlook and glancing at the situation is helpful, but the GMs are likely going to intervene as to make sure the game isn't completely flipped over. There won't just be five strawberry popsicles in the game. As more and more people participate in the event, the possibility of receiving them & the stocks may increase. A lot of players are selling letters right now and not necessarily involved, so day 1 has many flaws as a representation.

tier5

Best answers
the fact that the etc for timeless comes from an impossible endgame boss makes it different from anything else. comparing killing pink bean vs farming ob4. are u starting to see how absurd the comparison is?

Czak is in the game forever. popsicles are an event item which the devs can choose to never bring back. popsicles will also cost more than czak helm. pink bean benefitting the server is just false but thats not relevant here.

i could live with an advantage for event items but the difference between the popsicle and a maple leaf is too large that maple leafs and it's scrolls are essentially worthless.

i personally am going to get atleast one during this event because it would be stupid not to but my issue with it is the problems that it may cause down the road.

Last edited:

Violent

Best answers
IGN
Misery
I understand tier5's worry about bis items being event only because i've played other servers where I had to wait over a year for a chance to get something I wanted. Except the item is tradeable already, and first hours of the event there were already more than a couple in fm. to me, it feels like there will be more than enough to go around by the time the event is over and new players won't have to pay absurd amounts of meso to get one of their own. And what's wrong with new players having to farm and save towards an item? It's not even like people who have been playing for a while don't have to work towards upgrades anyway...

there should be no problem with bis items coming from events so long as they are tradeable imo

Loop

Best answers
Toasting before toaster lock
We will be adding an exchange to Gold Richie to obtain a temporary popsicle.
A bandaid totally not fixing this flawed design. The whole thing doesn't make any sense compared to what's been done so far. Croosade "fixed" leech, HP wash, Pay2Win and made bossing more valuable (Chaos, CPoints...) why embrace seasonal exlusive items?

Why make such a core item so limited by time and RNG? Could it be more frustrating? Yep, nerf the droprate. Ultimatelly it just artificially inflates its value which makes it available to the luckiest or the extremely rich (current value : 500-700m easily 1b+ after event). Doesn't make it any more hard to obtain or deserved. Anyone at any level right now can get it how does it justify being an endgame item targeting Pink Bean?

Complaining is certainly useless since this is probably a bait to drag in players. Usually Summer is an off-season and players surge back around the end/Septembre. What a coincidence that the event ends the date BfA releases btw...

Sorry but hit the desk.png

holleeder

Best answers
I agree with Loop the whole event is a flop, drop rates weren't tested before so the ones that got them before the nerf either by buying them for ~100m or finding them are just lucky which imo isn't fair to the people who either were not online at that point or sold them because that was the actuall price back then. Now the price is literally atleast 5 times as much and will maybe be even higher. And like loop said there's a chance this event will never come back or only once in so long which will make this item be so rare and cost so much that eventually there will only be a few left and then the question is if they are willing to sell it. (I'm not saying this because i can't afford it, inb4 people say that)

tier5

Best answers
at the very least can you guys please nerf the popsicle to like say 2-3 atk so that maple leaves can be competitive with it. it would still be bis but atleast there will be some alternatives.

Sillyx

Best answers
There still will be, for people that can’t afford the popsicle (bis item)

tier5

Best answers
There still will be, for people that can’t afford the popsicle (bis item)
no there isnt. to even scroll a leaf that is half as good as a 5atk popsicle will cost way more than the popsicle itself.

tidus07

Best answers
Hi,

Try to make this discussion constructive and non-toxic, if not the thread will be locked again. :)

Question: How long do the temporary Popsicles last?

Maple2003

Best answers
Are Belt Atk scrolls available from eggs? In the Hidden Street nonbbb database, it lists a Pig Belt Atk Scroll.

Violent

Best answers
IGN
Misery
What about buffing letter drop rate?
It looks to me like mages have it easy at both farming letters and the event map. Why not try to equalize it so classes that don't have map attacks can farm wherever instead of going to maps with inferior exp?
I'm sure they're getting more than enough to go every 30 minutes so they're double dipping in selling their spare letters at decent prices and better chances at popsicles too. And it'd make it so that people that don't have a full map attacker can also try their chances more often.

Taboo

Best answers
IGN
Taboo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)