Gold Richie has some NEWS for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmac

Best answers
IGN
Jmac
Are the temporary popsicles transferable within the account? I want to get it on my fire posion archmage but then transfer it to my warrior.

lottamoose

Best answers
Can you buff the drop rate a tad? The nerd was way too harsh. These pops should be around 300m not 600. Increasing the drop rate will help fix it...

Sillyx

Best answers
Life is always unfair, just like everyone who spent a lot on previous dex faces for example.

I agree with drop rate being buffed a little, it’s way too rare for an event item and should go for around 2-300m max for a 5 att during event, after event the prices we have today would be ok.

Generous

Best answers
Life is always unfair, just like everyone who spent a lot on previous dex faces for example.

I agree with drop rate being buffed a little, it’s way too rare for an event item and should go for around 2-300m max for a 5 att during event, after event the prices we have today would be ok.
Well with that logic of life always being unfair, the rarity of the strawberry popsicle perfectly fits criteria. Not everyone is entitled to this event item and not everyone should be able to purchaes one for 200-300m because life's unfair so there will be people with popsicles and others without, no?

After the event, we could argue that life is always unfair especially in the case where one did not purchase or obtain a strawberry popsicle for whatever the price is. The issue is that there's no fairness in a lot of this game - a lot is very dependent on "rng" such as in the cases of drop rates, Gachapon, events, and timing of any problems (i.e. server checks). At the end of the day, it's the commitment to invest in the BIS popsicle with the risk of it becoming cheaper and more readily available or the reward of having it remaining scarce and more expensive. Unfortunately, while everyone wants this accessory and the demands increase, the intention is not to have it as a participation reward and for the majority of the population to be satisfied.

tier5

Best answers
This event is really infurating. I have been running and buying letters and still have not found one. I am probably going to quit if i do not find one during the event period and I would imagine this would be a common sentiment among other players in my shoes. Even if I do find one, this event has left a sour taste in my mouth. It is very much within my means to purchase a popsicle from the free market but it feels awful to do and I would rather quit then continue playing if these are how the events will be like in the future.

Zaidcoll

Best answers
How about give more incentive for the eggs. So far I never heard of anyone getting a chaos scroll and to be honest the other rewards are waste of space. At least those who can't get em pops will at least get some valuable scroll or something from the eggs.

Babe

Best answers
IGN
Wish
If they buff drop rate, and you guys still get nothing, how many of you are still going to complain :unsure:

There’s no middle ground.

The only way to have common ground is to just hand out the popsicles like candy which is what most of you want.

Let’s be real.

tidus07

Best answers
If they buff drop rate, and you guys still get nothing, how many of you are still going to complain :unsure:

There’s no middle ground.

The only way to have common ground is to just hand out the popsicles like candy which is what most of you want.

Let’s be real.
My guess is, if they didn't even nerf the drop in the first place, there would not be much complaints.

A lot of people are frustrated because of the nerf in the drop rate after day 1. After seeing people getting strawberry popsicles (relatively easier?) in day 1, it is frustrating (and unfair?) for those who unfortunately didn't get to play on day 1.

So the middle ground I would say is, change back the drop rate to be the same as day 1.

However, this is create another problem. Those who spent a fortune (600m now?) on strawberry popsicle would want their meso to be refunded.

Last edited:

Babe

Best answers
IGN
Wish
My guess is, if they didn't even nerf the drop in the first place, there would not be much complaints.

A lot of people are frustrated because of the nerf in the drop rate after day 1. After seeing people getting strawberry popsicles (relatively easier?) in day 1, it is frustrating (and unfair?) for those who unfortunately didn't get to play on day 1.

So the middle ground I would say is, change back the drop rate to be the same as day 1.

However, this is create another problem. Those who spent a fortune (600m now?) on strawberry popsicle would want their meso to be refunded.
The drop rate was already low since day 1

(example: 3% was the original -> changed to 1.5%; not saying this is what it was, just using as an example)

Assuming they wanted popsicles to be rare, wouldn’t make sense to have a drop rate be 5% or higher.

The change is so minimal that no one would be able to tell the difference.
The only reason they’re complaining is because it was announced it was lowered.
If nothing was said, they wouldn’t of complained, right?

Wrong, they’d still complain even if the rate wasn’t changed.

Generous

Best answers
How about give more incentive for the eggs. So far I never heard of anyone getting a chaos scroll and to be honest the other rewards are waste of space. At least those who can't get em pops will at least get some valuable scroll or something from the eggs.
I believe Megumi got one chaos scroll from the eggs but with the recent implementation of a temporary popsicle exchange, fewer people will look to open their eggs and would gamble for a temporary strawberry popsicle, which is why data and results are somewhat skewed.

As for the idea of buffing the droprate, likely everyone here who is complaining has not got a strawberry popsicle yet and wants more of a handout situation but you can't really expect to see everyone have the best in slot accessory on the first release of the event - there's more lifetime to the game which means that the item can always be brought back. By keeping it more rare, it helps the longevity.

If anyone quits with the sole complaint of "I didn't get a strawberry popsicle!" then quite frankly it was inevitable that you quit. If something doesn't go your way, you don't just run away. If you fail 20 WS+10%s on your weapon and cite it as your reason to quit, you're just looking for everything to be handed down easy. It's unfortunate and frustrating, sure, but that's the luck of the draw. You don't get a strawberry popsicle now and you refuse to spend a lot of money because it's unfair? That's your own loss, especially if the opportunity to obtain one was always in reach.

Hell, how many of you guys who want to buff the droprate have the strawberry popsicle as a primary upgrade? You still have so much to do in the game whether its perfecting your weapon, chaosing some gloves to get more ATK, finish scrolling your gear, or even makering better rolls on your equips. There are very few people who need to prioritize the best in slot popsicle as an upgrade

akashsky

Best answers
I believe Megumi got one chaos scroll from the eggs but with the recent implementation of a temporary popsicle exchange, fewer people will look to open their eggs and would gamble for a temporary strawberry popsicle, which is why data and results are somewhat skewed.

As for the idea of buffing the droprate, likely everyone here who is complaining has not got a strawberry popsicle yet and wants more of a handout situation but you can't really expect to see everyone have the best in slot accessory on the first release of the event - there's more lifetime to the game which means that the item can always be brought back. By keeping it more rare, it helps the longevity.

If anyone quits with the sole complaint of "I didn't get a strawberry popsicle!" then quite frankly it was inevitable that you quit. If something doesn't go your way, you don't just run away. If you fail 20 WS+10%s on your weapon and cite it as your reason to quit, you're just looking for everything to be handed down easy. It's unfortunate and frustrating, sure, but that's the luck of the draw. You don't get a strawberry popsicle now and you refuse to spend a lot of money because it's unfair? That's your own loss, especially if the opportunity to obtain one was always in reach.

Hell, how many of you guys who want to buff the droprate have the strawberry popsicle as a primary upgrade? You still have so much to do in the game whether its perfecting your weapon, chaosing some gloves to get more ATK, finish scrolling your gear, or even makering better rolls on your equips. There are very few people who need to prioritize the best in slot popsicle as an upgrade

Yes and no. IMO, once you spend ~200m per attack item in game (i.e. get 14-16 att gloves, a dragon weapon with a few 30s and rest 60s, 5-7ish attack cape), the next key damage improving upgrades you can go for (in terms of cost efficiency) are face stompers and strawberry popsicle.

It isn't actually that hard to get 600m in croosade once you get to a fourth job mage and start farming some on 2x drop, especially considering the fact that you can get up to 16k nx a day from voting. So, basically what I'm trying to say is, that getting to the point where strawberry popsicle is the next thing you want to upgrade happens a lot sooner than you think!

Generous

Best answers
Yes and no. IMO, once you spend ~200m per attack item in game (i.e. get 14-16 att gloves, a dragon weapon with a few 30s and rest 60s, 5-7ish attack cape), the next key damage improving upgrades you can go for (in terms of cost efficiency) are face stompers and strawberry popsicle.

It isn't actually that hard to get 600m in croosade once you get to a fourth job mage and start farming some on 2x drop, especially considering the fact that you can get up to 16k nx a day from voting. So, basically what I'm trying to say is, that getting to the point where strawberry popsicle is the next thing you want to upgrade happens a lot sooner than you think!
I completely agree with how 600m is completely obtainable and investing in the popsicle is worth. What I dislike about this argument is that the popsicle isn't worth that much or how it's absurd. The flaw in this argument is simply that the popsicle is not going to be replaced (at least not for a long while) and it can't be scrolled further, so it's already perfect in a sense. For other equipment, one has to invest so much more money into scrolls and sometimes gems/stimulators. This easily makes other gear more expensive than the popsicle so the rarity and price seems completely fair. Yet if one disagrees with the price, they can still choose to upgrade almost any other piece of gear in the game which also will likely be more value (and thus takes priority).

The difference between a 14 attack and 20 attack glove (6 attack difference, basically a strawberry popsicle) is anywhere between 500-700m, which is the same as a strawberry popsicle at this current time.

While players fear the idea of not having a popsicle for the future, it is good to note that some other best in slot items (i.e. Red Christmas Sock) have been released before and likely will return. The game is all about progression and small steps, so even if the opportunity is missed this summer, nothing says one won't amass a ton of wealth to purchase one in the winter or wait till the next time the event reappears.

Sillyx

Best answers
The cost of 600m I wouldn’t think is too bad after the event, even more I’d be ok with. During the event though, it should not be that expensive. Imagine the cost of a 6att pop in 6 months, will be insane. The comparison of 200m per 2wa for gloves is fair in my opinion and is very reasonable. Again.. after the event.

I was one of those argued to keep the drop rate when you nerfed it, simply because I like most others wanna keep it rare. Now we’re a good bit in to the event and I think it’s way too rare. Drunk did 135 runs without one, that’s insane imo. Luck in all fairness but after all that you should have one. Not looking for ”hand outs” in any way but I feel like 40-70 runs is a reasonable number to get one.

Violent

Best answers
IGN
Misery
idc if its buffed or not anymore, mostly becausei dont mind keeping the temporary one and using hourglasses weekly for however long i play this server. The only downside i see is that i cant take a break for longer than 30 days or i risk losing the item, which would just make me resentful/not want to come back if i happened to want a break.

also, the one thing that keeps me from trying all that much is the fact that i cant grind on my nl and get enough letters to go every 30 mins. instead, if i wanted to keep hunting one perm pop im forced to get letters from lower exp maps/buy them from someone else. wish it was like golden temple with the ticket pieces dropping so fucking much i didnt have to worry about not having enough pieces to participate. fuck me for not enjoying mages all that much!

clounge

Best answers
I'm just curious when the map spawn delay will be removed :/ Harvey mentioned it would be implemented, but I'm worried I won't have enough time left to finish my runs

McStabby

Best answers
There are zero (0) permanent strawberry Popsicle for sale in the FM currently ...while the event is still active. I feel like that is a problem. I understand they are best in slot and many people may hoard them for that reason, but like....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)