Golden Temple is back!

Uchi

Best answers
Is that bad? I don't see how bad it is. Mages finally have some love

Golden temple isn't worth it for 4th job mages

• The drop and meso rates are insanely terrible and makes the "farming" perspective of Golden Temple a huge waste of time.
    • Increase the drop rate of lv 64 equips
    • Scale meso drop rate based on mob lv
  • The EXP is okay but from my experience it never compares to a party with HS and other attackers or PQing
    • Allow the party leader to bring in an entire party using 1 ticket (Even with a party of 4, this allows you to enter for a MAX of 2 hours per day)

MrMoMo

Best answers
Yeah I think that the non party play detracts me from going to golden temple. I think I have yet find anyone who do this event consistently but after trying two times I gave up because of the drop rate.

Christie

Best answers
IGN
Christie
Just piggybacking onto the previous posts to rant about my experience:

I've done this consistently everyday since the event came out. I do about one Ravana (Lv120) a day, and maybe two every 3 days or so when I get leftover sunbursts. That's probably more than a dozen by now. At this point, some of my buddies/guildmates say it's stupid that I'm still doing it instead of farming or bossing.

The only two times a helmet ever dropped (and it dropped back to back in both runs I did on the same day with the same mage) was on the very same day Harvey replied about mages finally having some love (did he shadow buff the drop and then nerf it again?). I've basically done Ravana once or twice a day since, and have not seen a helmet.

Also, maybe I'm super unlucky, but in the dozen or so 30-min dungeon runs, I usually only get about 1 maple equipment every 2-3 runs. I've tried various maps, and found one where I've been averaging 1500-1800 1-hit kills based on etc. drop in 30minutes (maybe more since I don't loot everything if I don't see a sunburst/equip). All but one of them were also the minimum attack on the equipment, so maybe the game just hates me!

I'm not sure if anything is going to be changed regarding the drop rates for the event, but I don't see why this event could be buffed a wee bit. A Ravana helmet only has 7 slots unhammered, and the chaos scroll for the helmet quite easily booms it. If scrolled with normal helmet scrolls, it will never be better than a scrolled Zakum/Targa/Scarlion helmet that has 10 slots. The latter helmets are also arguably more accessible. I don't think anyone consistently doing this event everyday will statistically (and with more ease) scroll a Ravana helmet that is better than those helmets, so making the helmet drop rate at 100% like Zakum is not going to wreck the current economy (like who even buys a zakum helm now?). In fact, it's probably more effort to get a Ravana helmet than to ask a guildmate if you can join a random zak party to loot a helmet when you're Lv 70 (which is when most classes have sufficient HP at Zakum and when you can equip a Ravana helm).

I'm also not sure whether this event was aimed at new/casual players or just mages. Most attackers don't get 5 sunbursts in 30 minutes, and they might only get to boss once every 2-3 days. If an event does not allow a player to benefit more easily than how they typically do, why partake in it? If the purpose of the event is to make the Ravana helmet a rare collector's item hidden behind hours of grinding, then maybe the goal has been achieved. If the purpose of the event is to make it easier for new/casual players to start off, the event is off the mark. It is statistically unlikely for a new player to get the desired Lv64 maple equipment that they want while still around that level. I reckon getting to level 120 within a week is the typical pace for many players (I'm probably being very generous here), and they would be better off crafting the weapon at Inkwell.

I guess the bottomline is that it depends on what purpose the event is supposed to hold. Is it just a placeholder event so it looks like there is something happening on the server? Also, is this just the server's typical tactic of being very conservative with rates when they first release something until enough people start complaining? I personally believe events should be more rewarding than average game play (as with most retail MS events), if not it defeats the purpose of introducing such content.

Considering the subpar exp rate, low sunburst drop rate, infrequent helmet and maple equipment drops, there's truly no reason why anyone would want to do the event apart from the measly boss points (i.e. me a bishop who cannot hit 7% at zakum).

Edit:

I'm a Lv13x bishop that runs Ravana with a Lv16x mage. He's usually the party leader and we always get the Lv120 boss (400 boss points). I'm not sure how we can trigger the higher-levelled boss, or if there is a bug and it should be triggering the Lv140 boss (500 boss points).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread