• 10%

Votes: 55 44.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuai

Best answers
You would literally R> no one specifically asked you lmao, ofc people are gonna join bc muling was insanely easy at that point. and ??? I cant expect a bunch of NL players who have hopped from best class to best class to understand what its like funding a lower tier character. As of right now there are a decent sum of players that prefer the classes that aren't top tier and they should be able to enjoy bossing regardless. Thats the summation of everything I've said, I don't know how that's so hard to grasp. 7.5% is probably going to end up being the end result but like maus said, no one cared when emp was bis, when cvell was bis, the % was always 5% and it was absolutely fine, Idk why this boss is going to be treated differently as someone said above that it's even below cvell in terms of difficulty? Makes no sense to me but I digress.

You can meet damage check on off meta classes. If you can’t meet that check then the problem isn’t your class lol

Molkshake

Best answers
If you are playing the game casually then why do you feel entitled to participate in end-game content? There are three other difficulties that will allow you to progress into gollux equipment.
Okay I see what you say. I do however partake full time in school at my university in a fairly challenging degree, and I have a part time job as well. Due to the circumstances of the pandemic, I have had a bit of extra time, so in that extra time I make mushroom game go brrrrr out of enjoyment of playing one of my favorite games. I then proceed to play this game for the past month, slowly making progress and making great friends along the way (shout out Clouds and Family). Wow, a month has past and I hit my first one mill damage line, I wonder when ill be able to get some stuff done at gollux... let me do some math. If I want to hit 5% of hell (I don't know his overall health but lets say that its 85 bill, please correct me if I am wrong), I must manage to sustain my damage to do 3 mill within the 30 minute timeframe. Okay, so for some of you that's not that hard, say I get to the point where I am managing to hit 3 mil lines on the regular, I'd be stoked! That means I would need to hit it 1417 times, and I can hit roughly 2 times per second. This means that at this rate, if I hit purely 3 mil lines it would take me 12 mins. Okay so yeah, that seems reasonable, considering I might have to move for damage, buffing up, and mobs, lets call it 13.5 mins. Now... watch as I magically double this time! I must now achieve 10%! That will take roughly 27 mins, if everything goes perfectly, and we all know in this magical mushroom game, it sure doesn't, I might be able to achieve this, but first I need those 3 mill lines. I hit one mill lines... on a crit... with party buffs... and that's the result of playing this game for a month, how much more of my life do I need to pour into this game in order to make it go BRRRRRRRRRRR like it want it to. I don't have all the time to no life this game, I just wanna have some fun and make it go brrrr man. And I'm not entitled to a part of this game because of that? That's actually kind of disgusting to say.
If I did any math wrong, please correct me.

Shuai

Best answers
Okay I see what you say. I do however partake full time in school at my university in a fairly challenging degree, and I have a part time job as well. Due to the circumstances of the pandemic, I have had a bit of extra time, so in that extra time I make mushroom game go brrrrr out of enjoyment of playing one of my favorite games. I then proceed to play this game for the past month, slowly making progress and making great friends along the way (shout out Clouds and Family). Wow, a month has past and I hit my first one mill damage line, I wonder when ill be able to get some stuff done at gollux... let me do some math. If I want to hit 5% of hell (I don't know his overall health but lets say that its 85 bill, please correct me if I am wrong), I must manage to sustain my damage to do 3 mill within the 30 minute timeframe. Okay, so for some of you that's not that hard, say I get to the point where I am managing to hit 3 mil lines on the regular, I'd be stoked! That means I would need to hit it 1417 times, and I can hit roughly 2 times per second. This means that at this rate, if I hit purely 3 mil lines it would take me 12 mins. Okay so yeah, that seems reasonable, considering I might have to move for damage, buffing up, and mobs, lets call it 13.5 mins. Now... watch as I magically double this time! I must now achieve 10%! That will take roughly 27 mins, if everything goes perfectly, and we all know in this magical mushroom game, it sure doesn't, I might be able to achieve this, but first I need those 3 mill lines. I hit one mill lines... on a crit... with party buffs... and that's the result of playing this game for a month, how much more of my life do I need to pour into this game in order to make it go BRRRRRRRRRRR like it want it to. I don't have all the time to no life this game, I just wanna have some fun and make it go brrrr man. And I'm not entitled to a part of this game because of that? That's actually kind of disgusting to say.
Right, but why can’t you go into easy/normal/hard? I don’t understand

Sylosis

Best answers
So considering everyone here seems to be extremely divided on whether it should be 5% or 10%. I think its safe to say once this poll is concluded we should meet in the middle and make it 7.5% which should make everyone more or less happy.

Bombmouse

Best answers
IGN
Maus
Gollux is unique in that the main reward is the coins and not the drops. With all previous end game bosses the item drops were more important than the coins, and you weren't getting your own weapon from cvel or fafnir armor by just barely doing 5%. The people just scraping by meeting the damage check weren't the people that were getting the valuable end game gear. With gollux, they are.

Croosade coins have been a thing in the game for a while now so having a boss drop coins isn't really something that's new to Croosade. The items in the boss coin shop are just as important as the items dropped from those bosses at the time because they worked in combination with one another to cube and scroll gear. The only difference between the bosses I listed and Gollux is that Croosade coins come from almost every boss while Gollux drops a different set of coins, which isn't all that different from how RA works now and it's shop was updated to give those coins uses as well.

Also any class, regardless of being off-meta or not, is more than capable of dealing 10% overall damage. There are people capable of soloing hellux. According to the red dpm charts, discluding Zero, The strongest performing classes deal about 4x more damage than the worst performing. So, assuming your bossing on a bottom performer such as Jett or Kanna, if you had the same gear as someone capable of soloing hellux on a top performing class, you should be able to do 25% of the total damage. Obviously this isn't 100% accurate but saying off-meta classes can't make a check above 5% is just wrong.

I'm a little wary of using GMS DPM charts because what's capable here isn't the same as GMS and more often than not they're all followed by the best possible scenarios for every class which is unrealistic to say the least.

why is it a punishment? Suddenly a dmg cap on gollux is a restriction but limiting multiclienting to two clients wasn’t a restriction/punishment but we’re told it’s generosity? I’ve said it before, ur welcome to play non meta classes, but don’t expect the same type of progress as meta classes. You love it so you should be willing to grind it out if u wanna main it. Stillno counter points and it’s just getting repetitive

I don't see how these two things are even comparable or why you're even bringing this up here in this thread. It's generous because they could've not allowed it at all, would you rather that be the case again?

Friend

Best answers
...how much more of my life do I need to pour into this game in order to make it go BRRRRRRRRRRR like it want it to. I don't have all the time to no life this game, I just wanna have some fun and make it go brrrr man. And I'm not entitled to a part of this game because of that? That's actually kind of disgusting to say.

The point about being just coins also applies to you... Just because the minimum necessary to get in is low doesn't mean that you're given everything out of it. Either way you're gonna have to put effort and upgrade until you're contributing enough to be part of drop splits or invest a bunch of time to buy the rest of the superior set.

Acting like 5% is unattainable actually weakens your argument. Not everyone is a new player and the main point is to stop mule abuse, if you make it any lower than that then what's the point at all?

Molkshake

Best answers
It's not a matter of going into easy, normal or hard, its a matter of being able to do in game content, I want to work toward an achievable goal, not a goal that is quite literally going to be twice as hard, specifically due to the fact that I don't have as much time as you to play the game. Not to mention BIS gear. Say it takes me 3 months of grinding to be able to hit 5%, it would take me 6 to hit 10%, can you not see that I just want to enjoy the game?

Shuai

Best answers
It's not a matter of going into easy, normal or hard, its a matter of being able to do in game content, I want to work toward an achievable goal, not a goal that is quite literally going to be twice as hard, specifically due to the fact that I don't have as much time as you to play the game. Not to mention BIS gear. Say it takes me 3 months of grinding to be able to hit 5%, it would take me 6 to hit 10%, can you not see that I just want to enjoy the game?
Yes and easy/normal/hard are a part of in game content. It's an achievable goal. So what are you trying to get at here?

Friend

Best answers
It's not a matter of going into easy, normal or hard, its a matter of being able to do in game content,

If that's your point then you could go in with a hellux group and do it for funsies.
The discussion here is more about who gets rewarded.

Last edited:

Molkshake

Best answers
Do you understand that Hell is a part of in game content and is not premium? You talk about it like it's not okay to be able to kill it if you play it casually, I'm trying to defend other casual players from quitting due to the progression wall that we will hit.

Dametime

Best answers
Do you understand that Hell is a part of in game content and is not premium? You talk about it like it's not okay to be able to kill it if you play it casually, I'm trying to defend other casual players from quitting due to the progression wall that we will hit.

I restarted the server a couple months ago And played casually and didn’t have any bis gear. Idk what progression wall ur on about. Could be a player wall

Millium

Best answers
My demon slayer farmer is capable of running easy gollux in like 3 minutes or less. I’d consider that part of the content, even if it is easy mode. I don’t understand why people completely disregard easy, normal and hard gollux.

Molkshake

Best answers
My demon slayer farmer is capable of running easy gollux in like 3 minutes or less. I’d consider that part of the content, even if it is easy mode. I don’t understand why people completely disregard easy, normal and hard gollux.
im not disregarding it, im talking specifically on the situation of hell, i will still do them, but id still like to be able to do hell without slaving away

Friend

Best answers
im not disregarding it, im talking specifically on the situation of hell, i will still do them, but id still like to be able to do hell without slaving away

You can still do hell without slaving away, just don't expect all the rewards from it.
If you want to get rewarded you're gonna have to slave away, if not for Gollux then for CRA/Vellum (and those require much more slaving).

Molkshake

Best answers
I restarted the server a couple months ago And played casually and didn’t have any bis gear. Idk what progression wall ur on about. Could be a player wall
Its the progression wall for new players, if you join a server and it takes you over half a year in order to get to hit that 10%, congrats! you havent even hit endgame yet, endgame should be considered 220+ and fully decked out gear, that is what should take you over 6 months, and thats for a casual player!

Shuai

Best answers
Its the progression wall for new players, if you join a server and it takes you over half a year in order to get to hit that 10%, congrats! you havent even hit endgame yet, endgame should be considered 220+ and fully decked out gear, that is what should take you over 6 months, and thats for a casual player!
I am struggling to understand why you think you should be able to access the hardest of four difficulties without progressing through the first three.

Hyunation

Best answers
IGN
Zero
The poll is how it'll be decided.. it's there because Heisen probably knew there wouldn't be a unanimous decision here lol, doing what has the most votes is the right move regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread