Introduction Hello! Another OG player back for nostalgia. Cleric looking to party!

dang

Best answers
Hey all,

Name is Chris but IGN is DANG. I started playing GMS seriously when demethos was released, mained lukless bishop and str-less BM. Like many of you, I've always come back for a couple of months for the nostalgia. GMS is a very different game now so I was really interested when I saw Uber streaming this server on Twitch, since it's basically OG maple with some modifications. Anyway, my goal here is to become a bishop who can do HT runs like the good ole days.

Cleric leveling sucks! And priest leveling can too, especially with the leech exp debuff. But I'm hoping to find some friends to do PQs and grind with. I also hope to pick up some PQ-specific items too like broken glasses. Eventually I may want to HS/leech here and there but I do find some enjoyment in grinding as well, so I'm not solely looking to only HS and leech.

Anyway, I'm just stopping by here to say hello. I'm located in the US/Oregon/West coast and am still working in a clinic, but try to play on weekends and after work. I'm really sucked into the game right now and trying to reach priesthood soon. Feel free to add me in-game to chat or to just add someone to generally message when you're looking for parties/PQ. :)

SnoopyTheSheep

Best answers
IGN
SnoopyASheep
Hello~ another fellow bishop main here :D
If you are interested you can apply for Story here: https://forum.croosade.com/threads/r-story.11388/#post-61966
We're a very afk guild so you might have difficulty finding training/PQ parties with us during the day, but because we're a slow pace chill guild we have many members around the 50-70 range you can PQ with. I think we would accommodate your time-schedule well because not only are we more active on weekends but our members are free to spend only a little amount of time in-game as our guild thread says. The more active guilds may require members to be well, active, to not get expelled.

Leveling does get slow as a priest post 70 since that's when PQing generally stops in this server; furthermore as you mentioned, the leech exp has been nerfed which hits priests the hardest. But it's worth the effort once you become a bishop! In my personal opinion, bishops are the most fun class to HT or czak with (but also the most boring at normal zak).
Aside from that, as an undergrad biomed student, I'm glad there's someone working in a clinic here on Croosade.

Edit: 'Cells at work' is an anime based on the human body- the circulatory system in particular. It's super cute and actually quite scientifically accurate to my knowledge so I'd recommend it :ROFLMAO: if you have the time. My personal favourite anime though would have to be 'March comes in like a Lion' though because I can relate to it a lot.

Last edited:

dang

Best answers
Hello~ another fellow bishop main here :D
Hey! I've already joined a guild but I will keep yours in mind for a backup. Thanks for the invite.

Ah, good to know about PQs slowing down after 70. I was hoping to continue on with more PQs like romeo & juliet. Wish I had started sooner when everyone else was grinding up around the same level! I do agree, being a support class that can make or break boss runs is cool in its own way and I've always loved watching the whole screen of monsters dying with genesis lol.

Very cool! Are you interested in pursuing medicine?

I have watched a few episodes on Netflix but haven't gotten around to finishing it yet. Thanks for the recommendation! I don't think I've actually watch the March comes in like a lion one yet, and I'm always looking for new anime to watch so I'll check it out.

SnoopyTheSheep

Best answers
IGN
SnoopyASheep
Hey! I've already joined a guild but I will keep yours in mind for a backup. Thanks for the invite.
Very cool! Are you interested in pursuing medicine?

I'm actually looking to get into research not clinical practice for personal reasons. But because the two fields are related, knowing more people in either discipline is always good.

dang

Best answers
I'm actually looking to get into research not clinical practice for personal reasons. But because the two fields are related, knowing more people in either discipline is always good.

Cool! They're very different routes but both respectable paths imo. In the limited research projects I've been apart of, I definitely appreciated the experience but personally found the day-to-day experience quite dull. I hadn't realized so much of researching is analysis, processing work, and applying for grants! But simply knowing that you are proving or disproving something, or trying something new even can be exciting.

SnoopyTheSheep

Best answers
IGN
SnoopyASheep
I read two papers my lecturer wrote and they each had over 120 papers referenced in each paper. Sure, there would have been overlap between the two papers, but that's 250 times he referenced a paper between just those two papers when I'm sitting here struggling to get through 14 papers for 2 assignments right now. I found that mind-blowingly awe-inspiring; mad respect for the dude. Especially considering those are just the papers he referenced and not counting all the papers he would have gone through and ended up not using. I wouldn't be surprised if he's read through 1000 papers in his lifetime and he's still fairly young. Again, (for the lurkers reading this thread) this really is impressive because these papers are hard to get through; they aren't a simple google or wiki search. I'm sitting here grappling with just 14 and it's already overwhelming me (yay depression and anxiety).

When you google scholar search "selective nuclear export" his name comes up 5th on the list. Even more up the list if you limit the search to recently published. Which means you could probably count the number of people who understand that field as deep as he does with your fingers. Truly an expert on the field and at the forefront of science- I found that really... cool. The difference between his bank of knowledge and a normal google search would probably fly past a non-science/med student though.
And this guy isn't even anywhere near a nobel prize winner or anything. There are countless scientists who have gone even further than him. Blows my mind.
Sorry this turned out into a science nerd rant.

And... there's the fact that I doubt I'd get into med with my grades so research it is....😭

NNHNG

Best answers
Hi Chris! Sounds like we both have similar goals playing on Croosade, as well as availability to play. Would love for us to be friends. I will be adding you when I get the chance :)

dang

Best answers
Sorry this turned out into a science nerd rant.
Haha, this was awesome. Absolutely incredible to get to work with someone with such an incredible brain. I work with a few people myself that I admire for their passion and knowledge in their respective fields and it's sometimes just great to prod at their mind. Haha, all fields can be respectable!

I keep forgetting to add you in game but will try to remember to tonight!

Hi Chris! Sounds like we both have similar goals playing on Croosade, as well as availability to play. Would love for us to be friends. I will be adding you when I get the chance :)
Hello! Absolutely add me! I've advanced quite a bit since my intro post and am inching toward bishop-hood now, but I can always appreciate another friend. This game can feel quite isolating if you allow it to. See you in-game!

Users who are viewing this thread