Personal Opinion on the Issues Causing Croosade's Decline

Trohan

Best answers
You keep on saying how we verbally abuse the admins, by those standards you can say harvey verbally abuses players all the time aswell...
I cant count how much time I've seen on the discord server harvey saying all sorts of things on croosade v92 and the players playing it, that disrespect all of the people that play here on v92.
Admins have a life out of maple I get that, just like I and all the other people who play maplestory on their free time have a life outside of it, but for some reason you say that the fact they have a life outside of maple means they have no responsibility towards the players playing it on their server? especially in times when the player rates go down in enormous rates, which if COVID had such an impact on, how come other servers player rate stayed the same and even rose and still rising more then they ever did?
There's a big difference between content updates and little changes in gameplay to improve player experience.
No server lasts without some sort of changes once in a while! just look at all the other succeeding servers.
I understand that admins don't want to do anything concerning v92/don't have the time to do anything, and I am sorry that I view it as neglect.
My opinion might be harsh, and it has gone through many phases throughout my time in croosade, its was and still is hard for me to see such a well constructed server thrive and fall because nothing was ever supposed to be done about anything since launch.

Kittenslayer

Best answers
Most of the players who came back to play v92, and the ones whom are still playing had plenty of time before hand to make their suggestions.
If anything was going to be changed it was going to be made before the reboot was released.
Now that the server is in it's finalized revision, there's nothing else going to be done about it.
Which respectfully players should understand after the numerous attempts to let you guys know that this was it.
Not everyone were around to make suggestions and some things are impossible to have foreseen.
To be honest with you this is pretty much the only opinions we differ at. This is the only opinions I personally have a problem with. I see continous changes and improvements as a part of keeping the server 100%. I understand some major changes are shot down and will never be considered and I accept that, but to decline them all I believe is damaging. Especially ones that are in desperate need of serious consideration/implementation to try to reduce the decline. I see it as we together has to learn of its mistakes and improve where things need improving to keep 92 healthy. This is why I cannot wrap my head around the whole "Nothing else is going to be changed" part. Perhaps in lack of better wording, to me that equals neglection.
We can agree to disagree.
Absolutely!
I've been on servers with less than 100 players, servers that had over 1,000. It made no difference to me because as long as I was able to enjoy my time playing, I see no reason for population to hinder my time on the server.
I feel you on this. Ive had the same experiences. Imo the main issue with the loss of players is the lack of market and lack of bossing groups which is a huge part of the game itself. The reason many of us want improvements to try to gain more players. The more the merrier is my motto.
I can't tell whether or not this is suppose to be a personal jab at myself as a person, however I will give you the benefit of a doubt since we clearly do not know one another.

To say I'm 'Whoring around on discord' I don't feel is actually appropriate as it insinuates that I as a person is trying to romantically or emotionally get involved with others in the server.
I consider myself active in the community, which I see no wrong to. Does me being active in the community affect you? No.
Also if I may add, Harvey himself did say in the discord chat that he was currently on his honeymoon which is why he was away from the server for quite some time. I don't believe it's rocket science to really put 2 & 2 together.
Regardless if anyone is involving themselves with staff is really none of your business or say, Staff is allowed to have friendships on the server.
They are people alike ourselves.
Its not meant as a personal jab. I wont go around attacking somebodys person. What I meant is that theres a certain discord chat culture many players never cared for, including myself. We rather like to keep our friendships ingame - in character.
You may chat around however much and where ever you like. Its none of my bussiness.
What I mean is that someone cannot expect people to know about everything a staff post when they do not even post it on what I consider to be the main hub of everything Croosade related, which is the forums. I find nothing of the discord server interesting or remotely important to me when the forums purpose is to cover the needs of server related information.
To an extent, I see these discussions to be over and over again harassment in its own form.
Players keep opening back up a can of worms that Staff has repeatedly stated would not change anything.
With my earlier stated points which I think covers the reasons for why we keep discussing changes/improvements even though its been said "no changes" -
We can agree to disagree.

Lenrage

Best answers
Guys, new people is arriving to the server
Lf> karma and frontier masters to make alliance with spooky 😉

vern

Best answers
To an extent, I see these discussions to be over and over again harassment in its own form.
Players keep opening back up a can of worms that Staff has repeatedly stated would not change anything.

And that decision is what led to croosade's downfall *shrug*
It's their server, they can do what they want I guess

Canada

Best answers
What exactly should I be grateful for? The negligence of v92? owo

I think the changes Harvey is making now are great. But, it's a shame they couldn't have been implemented a lot sooner. *shrug*

Feel bad kinda making it public tbh haha. Dutch was doing 4 mages in ToT long before anyone else, then ceylon streamed it and all of a sudden every1 had 4 mages.

But yea, my point still stands. This server had a lot of potential and the single thing Harvey could have done was to just make PB 2 hour time limit instead of 1. People love these servers because almost every1 who bosses seriously actually tries to min/max. Obviously there will always be issues with class balance but if you increased PB time to 2 hrs it kinda eliminates that feel.

Also, maker is such a shit game mechanic as well. I feel bad for ppl like @mike who had to legit quit because he couldn't make a perfect claw. Its so discouraging farming for hours and hours on end only to make a shit claw. Avg claw costed ~200m to craft.... the best place I ever farmed was for 100m/hr and it was fucking torturous.

Last edited:

Villain

Best answers
The mage meta in ToT is irrelevant. Multi client farming has been a thing for years and it will continue to be a thing because it's the best money making machine. Pre-wipe people were still exploring the server, nobody knew shit about v92 and I don't recall anyone multi client farming to this extent.

This time around people knew what they were doing and everyone speed ran every aspect of the game into oblivion. Stuff that took at least 3 months to complete pre-wipe were completed within a month post-wipe.

Megan

Best answers
I see many opinions of croosade is interesting and also see some friends who continue to play hehehe f2.

Personally my experience with croosade was nice to a certain extent.

I only had a problem with 1 gm that banned me and damaged my reputation with many friends who changed their perspective with me.

Although "this GM" had no evidence and he banned me for 1 or 2 full weeks and because he had no evidence against me, he ended up unbanning me without saying:

hey megan I apologize to you for not investigating well, he simply said: unbanned and that's it ...

Harvey, babe and heisenberg are good gms for me.

However, I do not share what he said heisenberg at the time. because it is wrong to say that the problem of croosade was its toxic community.

ALL ARE HUMAN as well as the community, the staff also failed.

The fact of being a staff does not mean being gods and never making mistakes

Sometimes I felt that in certain people they had prestige that others did not,
for example

I report a person known here for harassment 1 year and 6 months ago, I create with video images and everything. My public post was censored and changed to private and there was never a response to that harassment and I felt really annoyed
and finally I ended up opting for the quit option.

Well
I send a big greeting to those who continue in croosade and a big hug!

Chaaaao n.n

Users who are viewing this thread