Personal Opinion on the Issues Causing Croosade's Decline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trohan

Best answers
You keep on saying how we verbally abuse the admins, by those standards you can say harvey verbally abuses players all the time aswell...
I cant count how much time I've seen on the discord server harvey saying all sorts of things on croosade v92 and the players playing it, that disrespect all of the people that play here on v92.
Admins have a life out of maple I get that, just like I and all the other people who play maplestory on their free time have a life outside of it, but for some reason you say that the fact they have a life outside of maple means they have no responsibility towards the players playing it on their server? especially in times when the player rates go down in enormous rates, which if COVID had such an impact on, how come other servers player rate stayed the same and even rose and still rising more then they ever did?
There's a big difference between content updates and little changes in gameplay to improve player experience.
No server lasts without some sort of changes once in a while! just look at all the other succeeding servers.
I understand that admins don't want to do anything concerning v92/don't have the time to do anything, and I am sorry that I view it as neglect.
My opinion might be harsh, and it has gone through many phases throughout my time in croosade, its was and still is hard for me to see such a well constructed server thrive and fall because nothing was ever supposed to be done about anything since launch.

Kittenslayer

Best answers
Most of the players who came back to play v92, and the ones whom are still playing had plenty of time before hand to make their suggestions.
If anything was going to be changed it was going to be made before the reboot was released.
Now that the server is in it's finalized revision, there's nothing else going to be done about it.
Which respectfully players should understand after the numerous attempts to let you guys know that this was it.
Not everyone were around to make suggestions and some things are impossible to have foreseen.
To be honest with you this is pretty much the only opinions we differ at. This is the only opinions I personally have a problem with. I see continous changes and improvements as a part of keeping the server 100%. I understand some major changes are shot down and will never be considered and I accept that, but to decline them all I believe is damaging. Especially ones that are in desperate need of serious consideration/implementation to try to reduce the decline. I see it as we together has to learn of its mistakes and improve where things need improving to keep 92 healthy. This is why I cannot wrap my head around the whole "Nothing else is going to be changed" part. Perhaps in lack of better wording, to me that equals neglection.
We can agree to disagree.
Absolutely!
I've been on servers with less than 100 players, servers that had over 1,000. It made no difference to me because as long as I was able to enjoy my time playing, I see no reason for population to hinder my time on the server.
I feel you on this. Ive had the same experiences. Imo the main issue with the loss of players is the lack of market and lack of bossing groups which is a huge part of the game itself. The reason many of us want improvements to try to gain more players. The more the merrier is my motto.
I can't tell whether or not this is suppose to be a personal jab at myself as a person, however I will give you the benefit of a doubt since we clearly do not know one another.

To say I'm 'Whoring around on discord' I don't feel is actually appropriate as it insinuates that I as a person is trying to romantically or emotionally get involved with others in the server.
I consider myself active in the community, which I see no wrong to. Does me being active in the community affect you? No.
Also if I may add, Harvey himself did say in the discord chat that he was currently on his honeymoon which is why he was away from the server for quite some time. I don't believe it's rocket science to really put 2 & 2 together.
Regardless if anyone is involving themselves with staff is really none of your business or say, Staff is allowed to have friendships on the server.
They are people alike ourselves.
Its not meant as a personal jab. I wont go around attacking somebodys person. What I meant is that theres a certain discord chat culture many players never cared for, including myself. We rather like to keep our friendships ingame - in character.
You may chat around however much and where ever you like. Its none of my bussiness.
What I mean is that someone cannot expect people to know about everything a staff post when they do not even post it on what I consider to be the main hub of everything Croosade related, which is the forums. I find nothing of the discord server interesting or remotely important to me when the forums purpose is to cover the needs of server related information.
To an extent, I see these discussions to be over and over again harassment in its own form.
Players keep opening back up a can of worms that Staff has repeatedly stated would not change anything.
With my earlier stated points which I think covers the reasons for why we keep discussing changes/improvements even though its been said "no changes" -
We can agree to disagree.

Lenrage

Best answers
Guys, new people is arriving to the server
Lf> karma and frontier masters to make alliance with spooky ๐Ÿ˜‰

vern

Best answers
To an extent, I see these discussions to be over and over again harassment in its own form.
Players keep opening back up a can of worms that Staff has repeatedly stated would not change anything.

And that decision is what led to croosade's downfall *shrug*
It's their server, they can do what they want I guess

Canada

Best answers
What exactly should I be grateful for? The negligence of v92? owo

I think the changes Harvey is making now are great. But, it's a shame they couldn't have been implemented a lot sooner. *shrug*

Feel bad kinda making it public tbh haha. Dutch was doing 4 mages in ToT long before anyone else, then ceylon streamed it and all of a sudden every1 had 4 mages.

But yea, my point still stands. This server had a lot of potential and the single thing Harvey could have done was to just make PB 2 hour time limit instead of 1. People love these servers because almost every1 who bosses seriously actually tries to min/max. Obviously there will always be issues with class balance but if you increased PB time to 2 hrs it kinda eliminates that feel.

Also, maker is such a shit game mechanic as well. I feel bad for ppl like @mike who had to legit quit because he couldn't make a perfect claw. Its so discouraging farming for hours and hours on end only to make a shit claw. Avg claw costed ~200m to craft.... the best place I ever farmed was for 100m/hr and it was fucking torturous.

Last edited:

Villain

Best answers
The mage meta in ToT is irrelevant. Multi client farming has been a thing for years and it will continue to be a thing because it's the best money making machine. Pre-wipe people were still exploring the server, nobody knew shit about v92 and I don't recall anyone multi client farming to this extent.

This time around people knew what they were doing and everyone speed ran every aspect of the game into oblivion. Stuff that took at least 3 months to complete pre-wipe were completed within a month post-wipe.

Megan

Best answers
I see many opinions of croosade is interesting and also see some friends who continue to play hehehe f2.

Personally my experience with croosade was nice to a certain extent.

I only had a problem with 1 gm that banned me and damaged my reputation with many friends who changed their perspective with me.

Although "this GM" had no evidence and he banned me for 1 or 2 full weeks and because he had no evidence against me, he ended up unbanning me without saying:

hey megan I apologize to you for not investigating well, he simply said: unbanned and that's it ...

Harvey, babe and heisenberg are good gms for me.

However, I do not share what he said heisenberg at the time. because it is wrong to say that the problem of croosade was its toxic community.

ALL ARE HUMAN as well as the community, the staff also failed.

The fact of being a staff does not mean being gods and never making mistakes

Sometimes I felt that in certain people they had prestige that others did not,
for example

I report a person known here for harassment 1 year and 6 months ago, I create with video images and everything. My public post was censored and changed to private and there was never a response to that harassment and I felt really annoyed
and finally I ended up opting for the quit option.

Well
I send a big greeting to those who continue in croosade and a big hug!

Chaaaao n.n

Fourskin

Best answers
Outside of gameplay issues there's a bigger underlying issue with the general attitude that is rampant on this server. I don't even play here, it's been a literal year and to my suprise the crowd here is still plenty of toxic. I made a post a few days back asking what the state of the server was, offering some ancient critique and lo and behold the first two replies are from trolls calling me a troll. Not to mention a literal GM replied and commented on my, what I thought would probably be ancient, critique on Croosade's stance towards freedom of speech in which he stated that "Croosade is not a nation that has to represent such rights" and locking my thead. If this is how you folks still deal with any form of criticism at all it is safe to say that this server is hopeless.

I red about a bunch of administrators leaving over getting flamed by the community, not going to lie it's karmatic justice that the administration here had coming for them for the longest time. In the short while I played you folks really enjoyed banning people and talking smack behind their backs, what do you realistically think is going to happen to 99.9% of the rest of the community who red that garbage on global? They're going to think the staff of this server is about as toxic as the playerbase itself if not worse. That was the main reason for me to look for another server since I did not want to get involved in that sort of drama. Simply smega'in slights about the server was enough for people to get perma'd after which some GM would do the literal same thing by flaming them over global. Fair treatment isn't exactly Croosades style it seems.

Now I also see some very weak excuses for attempts at fixing the problem by stating in these giant "letters to the community" that the playerbase is to blame for this. Nowhere near an apology on Croosade's behalf for taking on a bunch of toxic GMs in the first place and not understanding that toxic people attract toxicity, especially if they're vocal on a global channel that's being force-fed to everyone on the server. How about the administration here first admit to yourselves that a large part of the problem stems from your own behaviour and the way you treated or more probably still treat the playerbase?

Realistically though that's never going to happen since Harvey himself has some serious ego issues as mentioned earlier in this thread. Doesn't matter since I still love reading about all this garbage as I watch this server slowly sink further into the abyss. In my opinion it's well deserved for how you folks seem to think you're allowed to "deal with people" whilst still expecting the same people to donate big bucks to keep your community afloat. This server will forever serve as a memento on how not on how to run your server into the ground, but on how to stab it just hard enough so you can slowly watch it bleed to death.

-Edit-
In case my original post gets nuked, here's the finale I was talking about in my first paragraph:

truth.png

This is the level of maturity we are talking about when discussing Croosade.

Last edited:

Marcus

Best answers
Outside of gameplay issues
I don't even play here
right

crowd here is still plenty of toxic. I made a post a few days back asking what the state of the server was, offering some ancient critique and lo and behold the first two replies are from trolls calling me a troll
You didn't really ask questions though did you, you came here to "ask questions" to purposely stir things up, to obviously imply things by poorly masking them as "questions".

I red about a bunch of administrators leaving over getting flamed by the community
More like getting flamed by grown up children and their friends acting like twelve-year-olds who constantly throw tantrums when getting banned even though it was a long time coming. They're too used to being the "elite" in some server thinking they can do whatever they want without reprimands or having the GMs in their back pockets. So when they finally come to a place where their bullying and general bullshit is not tolerated and they get banned for it, they and their friends feel the need to take every chance possible to talk shit about the server even though it was all their own fault.

Simply smega'in slights about the server was enough for people to get perma'd
Not simply, no. Just another retarded comment on top of the ice berg of constantly being toxic, bullying, fighting and being a general downer

Fair treatment isn't exactly Croosades style it seems.
Nah, retards these days, like i already mentioned, are just too used to be allowed to act however the fuck they want to the point where they genuinely think they're wronged when they finally get what's been a long time coming for them. Cause most people just can't be bothered to tell them off anymore. It's kind of like in schools these days, teachers can't even as much as tell a kid off these days, because then their parents will get the teacher fired instead of telling their fucking brat to behave

This server will forever serve as a memento on how not on how to run your server into the ground, but on how to stab it just hard enough so you can slowly watch it bleed to death.
More like serve as a refuge from most other servers that allow these toxic people with a victim mentality to reign freely, while constantly being stabbed by the same said toxic arrogant people because they hold never ending grudges

Fourskin

Best answers
Alright fine, I considered not responding to you since you seem to have something against me but I'm going to try and write a response as carefully as I can. Let's start with the easiest problems I can resolve:

You didn't really ask questions though did you, you came here to "ask questions" to purposely stir things up, to obviously imply things by poorly masking them as "questions".

I did actually. I had a genuine interest in giving this server a second chance since I felt I might have been too short-handed the first time around. I figured something must have changed in a years time, especially when reading about a bunch of administrators leaving. I do agree that my original thread was somewhat poorly worded. I'm going to blame the fact that it was late and I was kind of tired. Does that directly mean that I'm "obviously implying things" and "trying to stir things up"? No, not really.

Not simply, no. Just another retarded comment on top of the ice berg of constantly being toxic, bullying, fighting and being a general downer

What exactly do you achieve by calling me a retard other than proving your own toxicity? At this point I lost almost any sort of interest in even responding to you. People don't really want to get involved with someone who names them a "toxic, bullying, fighting, downer retard". If by any chance you'd like to explain why I'm a toxic, bullying,fighting, downer retard then please do because this one really confuses me.

More like getting flamed by grown up children and their friends acting like twelve-year-olds who constantly throw tantrums when getting banned even though it was a long time coming. They're too used to being the "elite" in some server thinking they can do whatever they want without reprimands or having the GMs in their back pockets. So when they finally come to a place where their bullying and general bullshit is not tolerated and they get banned for it, they and their friends feel the need to take every chance possible to talk shit about the server even though it was all their own fault.

Nah, retards these days, like i already mentioned, are just too used to be allowed to act however the fuck they want to the point where they genuinely think they're wronged when they finally get what's been a long time coming for them. Cause most people just can't be bothered to tell them off anymore. It's kind of like in schools these days, teachers can't even as much as tell a kid off these days, because then their parents will get the teacher fired instead of telling their fucking brat to behave

Final point: you don't considered this toxic bullying? You're generalizing a whole crowd by the behaviour of a couple. What I do understand from it though is that you expect the administration here to be allowed to do whatever they want to the community, which of course they are. But its also evident they are now feeling the backlash of said attititude towards the community since, like I said before, toxic behaviour attracts others with toxic behaviour. A lot of the things you mentioned could've been avoided with better community managing skills and perhaps a different attitude towards a lot of things the administration here might take for granted For example, if someone badmouths the server, whilst playing on said server, what does that really change in the overal state of things? Not much really. Ignoring those comments would be a much wiser decision then to create a bunch of drama over it and proving the original badmouther's point in the first place.

Genuine question though, why are you this angry? Your title states that you're a well-known member. You should be aware that you're at least in part responsible for setting a somewhat decent example for others to follow. Calling people retarded isn't exactly doing that, let alone attacking me over an opinion I don't even know the validity of anymore. Slowly but surely I am getting the message that you folks really haven't improved by a lot though.

Marcus

Best answers
I did actually. I had a genuine interest in giving this server a second chance since I felt I might have been too short-handed the first time around. I figured something must have changed in a years time, especially when reading about a bunch of administrators leaving. I do agree that my original thread was somewhat poorly worded. I'm going to blame the fact that it was late and I was kind of tired. Does that directly mean that I'm "obviously implying things" and "trying to stir things up"? No, not really.
If you did really just want to try the server out, why didn't you just do exactly that? Instead of making a thread i'm sure you knew would start drama as the first thing you do?

What exactly do you achieve by calling me a retard other than proving your own toxicity?
I've not referred to you as, or called you anything. The only time i was talking about you was the first quote when i started with "You" and spoke about your other original thread. After that nothing i've said has to do with you, unless of course you feel like you are a part of the people whom i am referring to. I was of course referring to the same people you were referring to in the quote, but if you misunderstood, now you know.

you don't considered this toxic bullying?
Talking about the people that plagued the server for months on end with all their crap? no

You're generalizing a whole crowd by the behaviour of a couple.
No, not a couple, but dozens along with many of their friends getting upset after their friends finally got what was a long time coming and then rebelling and doing everything they can to cause additional drama

What I do understand from it though is that you expect the administration here to be allowed to do whatever they want to the community,
Technically, yes. Like Heisenberg said, this isn't some entity sworn to uphold free speech. It's not even a company, it's a private server, it's not anyones right to be here.
But with that said, in reality, no, they don't. They don't just kick someone out simply because they disagree with them or because they don't see eye to eye.
Take @mike as a very good example

I'm sure most people here would know that mike and Heisenberg/Harvey(and lets throw in Taboo) aren't exactly best friends and have had many arguments and disagreements, why isn't he banned? Cause he doesn't dedicate his life to fuck with everyone and cause nonstop drama only for the sake of drama at every given opportunity.

For example, if someone badmouths the server, whilst playing on said server, what does that really change in the overal state of things? Not much really. Ignoring those comments would be a much wiser decision then to create a bunch of drama over it and proving the original badmouther's point in the first place.
It's not just that, but that many of them are the same people who constantly fuck with people, bitch and moan, harass everything and everyone they can. Constantly seeing them bitching and moaning about every little thing that doesn't go exactly they way they want gets tiring very quickly. For one, new players logging in don't exactly feel like staying when they're met with a bunch of bitching the moment they login. And secondly, many people spend a big part of their day playing the game and we don't want constant fucking complaining over smegas and in store names every single time we login to play the game. If you want something to be different, make a suggestion thread with an argument, if you then don't get your way, get over it and stop crying.

Genuine question though, why are you this angry?
Angry.. no. Annoyed and frustrated would be better words.

These people getting banned are adult 20-35 year olds acting like kids half their age. Many of them hold ridiculously long grudges and talk shit about the server whenever given the opportunity. Several of them or their friends come back every now and then with their only intent being to mess around or cause drama either in game, discord or the forums.

With your self admitted poor first impression while having all these other annoying people in the back of their head you can't blame people for reacting the way they did to your first. If you want to try the server, great, just try it. If you like it, great, stay and waste your time like the rest of us. If you don't like it, just leave and forget it, no need to make a scene

Taboo

Admin's slave
Best answers
IGN
Taboo
-Snip projection-

This is the level of maturity we are talking about when discussing Croosade.

I knew you sounded familiar. Hello Flubber.

Deleted User
did u manage to contact harvey taboo
Taboo
still trying
Flubber
Oh he isn't? I figured he's the only one keeping tabs so he must be.
Taboo
I'm just their slave
Flubber
You wouldn't happen to be living near the wifi of the server/laptop?
EntityNotFound
@TabooFor#1Slave
Flubber
blackflag into the router and trigger reboot over lan?
Taboo
i dont have access to the server
nor do i want access
Flubber
welp 0.25 bitcoin on deadlock going for 8h+
Scowl
taboo hire prasad as a new GM
@tuxx
@magicprasad
hes working hard
Flubber
I believe u man
I dont believe in 6h downtimes though
Remsus
it';s been down for 6h?
Flubber
well wtf do I say? I'm not hosting this off a laptop
Can't you collect donations through bitcoin? It's less of a legal mess then actual currency
then you would actually be able to afford server hardware
I mean topsite votes are cool too but you're going to bitch about hosting costs too after a while
we could make guides for people that teach them how to turn debit cards into bitcoins, that's not hard
Kiwi
accept Nano coins, need to moon my boys
Remsus
maybe if you make the costs transparent active players would be more willing to donate as well
Flubber
^^^ THIS
Arnah
@Flubber you are acting like they don't use a dedicated server
You don't just give any staff access to such hardware willy nilly.
Especially if they don't want it.
Flubber
6h downtimes are acceptable?
Arnah
Being asleep while an unforseen issue occurs
isn't impossible.
Flubber
6h downtimes are acceptable? anwer me
Arnah
No, but you act like any admins expected this to happen
Flubber
yes
Arnah
If all FOUR people are asleep, at jobs, etc. You can't expect them to magically fix it
Flubber
why
Arnah
Cause it's a private server, they run it on side
Taboo
Must be trolling
Flubber
omg..
ofcourse I"m trolling
Arnah
๐Ÿค”
Flubber
jesus christ are you really that tick?
*thick
Taboo
youd be surprised how many people seriously think this way
Flubber
Dude
Arnah
๐Ÿคท
Flubber
just
I wanna give up on this server already and I can't even get past 30
Taboo
appreciate arnah lol
Arnah
๐Ÿค”
Flubber
all because the admin wont write a bash script to reboot on latency >100ms
Arnah
??
So you are serious and not 'joking'
Deleted User
How do I enable Pin / Pic? Do I just type the numbers in and leave it there? There is only disable pin to click ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
Flubber
I mean I'm wondering if you guys are serious
Arnah
@Taboo Whatev lets me procrastinate more from work
๐Ÿคท
Taboo
laughs are always worth it
Remsus
all because the admin wont write a bash script to reboot on latency >100ms
this actually happend?
Arnah
This could happen for a real company. and they would pull people into work at 2am, 3am, etc. (Or just grab people working nightshift)
but neither are really possible for a side thing like a PS.
Flubber
>pulling people into work
I give up
Arnah
๐Ÿค”
Flubber
Whatever happened to you on the workspace idc
Deleted User
lol
Arnah
I 100% expect stuff like this to not be dealt with assuming the people who can handle it are alseep
Deleted User
flubber u know everyones
copping the same thing
and if u cant get past 30 then idk
Flubber
welp at least I know you're thick, you don't think the server being down for 6h has anything to do with it?
Arnah
๐Ÿค”
Flubber
I guess I won't donate a server rack then, jeebs. fine.
Arnah
Do with what
๐Ÿค”
A server rack to handle 1k people in maple is like 80 dollars
Not too much
I assume they already got one
Flubber
Arnah
I'm still not sure what I'm missing out on in this convo
Flubber
wow dude
Arnah
They have a dedicated server
So why do they need a server rack
Taboo
im kinda lost too
Remsus
Is it being hosted at home or at 3rd party tho?
Peek-at-chu
he just mad.
Deleted User
is nexon hosting
Arnah
Def dedicated server @Remsus
so 3rd party
Remsus
hm
Arnah
Just the issue is the 4 admins are only ones with access to restart server after taboo shuts it down
and they were asleep I'm assuming ๐Ÿคท
Remsus
maybe is a good idea to have backup plan for this
Arnah
4 admins is a decent backup
Flubber
omg
Remsus
apparently not lol
Arnah
The server has shown it's stable. Assuming the issue is actually a deadlock, and all previous issues were deadlocks
Flubber
okay its 4 students right? I am being reasonable af here
Arnah
The base is pretty good.
Flubber
450 each
Arnah
dam that's a big discount
Flubber
screw server issues for the next 2.5 years
Arnah
๐Ÿค”
a deadlock wont be fixed with a new dedi
Remsus
what is causing the deadlock>?
Arnah
@Remsus It's a programmer term related to a lock that never unlocks
Remsus
i know
Arnah
๐Ÿคท
we dunno cause
Remsus
but what is causing it
oh
Arnah
I can only assume so much of what caused it based on what doesn't work
And I have no idea if the base they used is public + bunch of fixes they did
or completely custom
Harvey
Completely custom
Arnah
๐Ÿ‘
So it makes my estimations even harder
EntityNotFound
HARVEY
Scrubbius
well thats gr8 news
Remsus
how well was it tested
Scrubbius
โค๏ธ harvey
EntityNotFound
SAVE THE DAY
Harvey
It's always an easy fix
EntityNotFound
โค๏ธ
Harvey
But that would be if I had access to a computer
Flubber
Oh I woke a dev?
Arnah
@Harvey yup. Tools nowadays pinpoint these nicely
๐Ÿ˜„
Harvey
๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Yoolia
HARVEY
โค๏ธ
Flubber
harvey what phone? You can send restart over LAN via android
Arnah
That doesn't fix the deadlock
teto
๐Ÿ’ฆ
Harvey
Why fo these shitbugs always come up at the worst timing possible
Arnah
Only dumb people restart a server without fixing the crash
tuxx
YES
Flubber
sigh
Arnah
Especially something that can halt the server like this
tuxx
Hey Harvey baby girl
Flubber
uptime..
Arnah
๐Ÿคท
Guess it depends
Harvey
@Arnah we only do that when we have no other choice. But then we will fix it asap afterwards.
Arnah
Harvey could prob do a restart now and hope it doesn't happen till another admin can fix + do another restart
Harvey
I can't do anything
Arnah
๐Ÿ˜ฆ
Harvey
My computer is off
Lol
Flubber
aight
Yoolia
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Arnah
No trust phone
rip
Remsus
turn it on boi ๐Ÿ‘€"
Yoolia
:'c harveeehh
Harvey
I just came back from vacation
Arnah
๐Ÿค”
Harvey
Give me some slack
qq
Yoolia
wb
Scrubbius
๐Ÿ‘€
vizz
How was your Vacation? @Harvey
Flubber
nigga meivakantie was like a week ago
Arnah
LOL
Flubber
get on with it
Harvey
Not for us
Remsus
today is an official day off
but that doesn't mean the server musnt be fixed
Arnah
wait we saying thursday is a day off
or wednesday
Harvey
Thursday
Remsus
thursday in nl
Arnah
either way that's lucky
Harvey
I'm not home yet lol
Flubber
oh great servers gonna be ded at hemelvaart too I guess
Harvey
I'm contacting other admins
Arnah
๐Ÿค”
Flubber
cmon I just want this to blow up over shitty-ass maplesaga
Harvey
Let's hope you guys don't need to wait till I am home
Taboo
k cool im leaving now bye
Arnah
๐Ÿค”
Rip staff
Flubber
Rip server in a few weeks when players give up on constant downtime
EntityNotFound
are we live again?
Remsus
yes
Arnah
Last deadlock was weeks ago pretty sure @Flubber
๐Ÿค”
Flubber
Winter is coming.
Arnah
Decently high chance the server will be fine next 'vacation'
Taboo
@Flubber You're being unreasonable m8
Remsus
he has some good points
Scrubbius
He has points that are obvious
Flubber
if they are obvious..
Scrubbius
If you bother to sit down and consider hw the admins fucked us over
And cldve avoided it
Arnah
๐Ÿค”
Deadlocks are decently hard to notice without it happening
Scrubbius
Doesnt solve the issue of the dead svr atm regardless
Flubber
"Admins fucked us over"?..
Scrubbius
Hi. Im speaking frm the perspective of someone in HT
NajiYaiba
sustaining a server is hard, no matter how good the team of said server is, even real games have up and downtimes because of problems, would u quit your favorite game because of several downtimes just because they're down?
Flubber
...yes. Guild Wars.
NajiYaiba
that was your decision correct?
to quit playing.
Flubber
You ever heard of GW1?
Exactly
NajiYaiba
yes i have, never played it, not my style of game
Flubber
Lucky
The servers were absolute garbage
I dont see what any of this has to do with croosade btw
NajiYaiba
what i'm saying is, don't be hard on the admins/GM's because the servers are down, they are doing their best to keep the server running as much as possible, and especially with PS downtimes like these are bound to happen, just be patient and be happy they actually care about their servers, because some game creators don't care one bit.
Ric
hi can anybody help? "This is an ID that has been logged in" for a couple of hours already. is there any way to remedy this?
Peek-at-chu
Announcementssss
Scrubbius
Check announcemenrs
Flubber
Winter has come.
EntityNotFound
did we get fixeD?
are we able to login yet?
Flubber
@NajiYaiba what kind of tampons do you use with that heavy of a flow by the way?
All I wanted to know was why it was acceptable to be down for 6h straight
Everyone is jumping my fucking throat
What a horrible server in that case, if they get insecure over downtime
Sounds like a 16-year old, "Well the last time I drank alcohol was weeks ago!"
Ralph
Its not acceptable, the thing is ur making it seem like this is a regular occurence
And saying the server is horrible
Flubber
is it?
Ralph
While its stable as shit
Its a good server from my experience ๐Ÿคท
NajiYaiba
it's by far one of the more stable servers i've ever played on.
Monkey King
first time this has happened since i started playing a month ago
Ralph
Yep
Exactly
Rarely happens
Flubber
how do you predict the server handling player increase for the next 6 months?
Monkey King
its actually been the most stable server i've played on with no lag
Ralph
Exactly the same as they did now?
Flubber
Ralph
They jumped from 50-100 from when i started to 700
0 problems
Flubber
Well..
Ralph
This is the first time ive seen it happen
So
Harvey
It has happened every now and then, but they are all different problems
All issues get fixed right away
Some day... there won't be any left
Flubber
Huh?
Harvey
And I feel that's soon
Ralph
Ye that too, issues get fixed extremely fast over here
Cali
SOON TM
Ralph
You report a bug ,next restart its fixed
๐Ÿ˜‚
NajiYaiba
i prefer admin's to take their time to fix things then to rush and bring out unstable servers
Deleted User
if croosade gets completely fixed and becomes top rank server in gtop i will shave my head and go vegan
Arnah
LOl
NajiYaiba
so my opinion is, take your time harvey.
Flubber
So you can support 1K players on laptop hardware with only 6h downtimes at about ~4w intervals..
Arnah
pls don't go vegan
Flubber
idk
Deleted User
ill go vegan and be proud
for croosade
Flubber
merde
Remsus
honhonhon baguette
Flubber
I wish that would make waiting for croosades admin to wakey wakey a lot tastier
Remsus
they still sleeping?
Ralph
Try doing other stuff instead of waiting :f3:
Flubber
I already came after that hilariously backwards explanation on how you cant restart a server while sleeping, thanks
Arnah
๐Ÿค”
Flubber
Now I just want to get my dick into some horny mushrooms but of course the server is still down
Monkey King
damn kinky
Flubber
Do I need to make the dev a raspberry pi centered server admin center? we could add one of those sleep bands
then they could restart the server while sleeping, you watch
lmfao
guess it's back to maplesaga after all
Ralph
Bye ๐Ÿ‘‹
Arnah
im sure the staff will be excited for you
HatolSatla
taboo is not the game master y cant he solve this problem?!
Flubber
holy shit the lmao remarks have me edging for a second coming though
Deleted User
an admin is onlien now ๐Ÿ˜„
Remsus
its the admin who cant turn on his computer ๐Ÿ‘€
Arnah
He isn't home ๐Ÿค”
Remsus
cant he ssh into the server from phone?
Arnah
says that would be annoying
๐Ÿคท
Remsus
since discord seems to work
Flubber
LOL
Arnah
Maybe he will if no one else comes idk
maybe doesn't have ssh setup
so he has to spend 30 minutes doing that
Remsus
might be annoying, but 1000 people waiting is probably worse
Arnah
getting the info ๐Ÿค”
while on a phone..
Flubber
No admin, sshing into a machine with your luxury phone isn't annoying
Arnah
It is
definitely if you need to grab ip, password(which I assume is secure)
Remsus
it's annoying, but not impossible
Arnah
๐Ÿคท
def not impossible
Scrubbius
Patience is a virtue. One which i am sorely lacking.
Flubber
oh come on, setup a dns in the router for the IP are you jokerfacing me?
wait am -I- being trolled now?
Arnah
you still assume they are home hosting
no one is that dumb
Remsus
they're hosting from a hosting company
still they should know their ip
Flubber
sighhhhhh
Remsus
hahaha
Flubber
I'm gonna give up
jess
Lol nuh
Nub
Flubber
if the admin wont ssh over phone because his fingers are too fat for the touch keyboard then I'm not sure if I want to dedicate hours of my life playing on this server
NajiYaiba
๐Ÿ‘‹
Ralph
No one is trying to have u stay here ๐Ÿ‘€
Remsus
actually I want flubber to stay here
Flubber
Oh so now you're just gonna tox me out
The Habibi Man
when the server goin up
2Y
[email protected]
Yoolia
cya m8
Flubber
As soon as we find a diet plan that is acceptable for the admin and we can get his fingers down to touchscreen size
2Y
Go back to royals
Remsus
7 hrs offline now?
2Y
These are human beings, stop being such a disrespectful twat
Flubber
Oh man I can just see the defense force pop up every time..
Deleted User
why can't you be patient like the rest of us
Flubber
Guess I'll camp I have personally looked up server builds
Remsus
there should really be a better backup than 4 people who have access to the server
RelliK
@The Habibi Man halp im getting that my ID haz already log in and i can't log in
Flubber
I have discussed everything
Monkey King
look in announcements @RelliK
RelliK
oh whut
Flubber
There is not a single thing I'm being disrespectful about, other then the admin being disrespectful to his player base
Ralph
As soon as we find a diet plan that is acceptable for the admin and we can get his fingers down to touchscreen size
RelliK
ah
2Y
Youโ€™re literally calling admins fat and lazy
Ralph
"Not disrespectful"
๐Ÿค” ๐Ÿค” ๐Ÿค” ๐Ÿค”
Flubber
HE DIDN'T WANT TO SSH INTO THE SERVER OVER HIS PHONE.
2Y
Among other things before
RelliK
dint see that
Flubber
RTFM.
Ralph
OH NO DID HE NOT WANNA DO THAT OH NOOO
WHAT A HORRIBLE HUMAN BEING
TORCH HIM
Are u that addicted u cant even go without the server for a day
Its not even a day, its not even half of a day
2Y
A third of a day
Monkey King
hes on vacation and he still took time to respond
just take a break off maple
not that hard
Ralph
Assuming ur dutch, cause u know dutch national holidays
Enjoy ur damn day off
Instead of bitch here
Monkey King
like legit stop crying
Flubber
Holy fuck ralph did I ask for a novel?
Ralph
Is that novel size for u
๐Ÿค”
Remsus
the point isn't him being unavailable tho
Deleted User
hes baiting you guys, let it go
2Y
Flubber youโ€™ve posted way more text
Flubber
Omg..
Remsus
the point is not having a solution for this situation
Flubber
And here's sylla who hasn't red shit either
2Y
No, I donโ€™t think heโ€™s baiting
Flubber
hi sylla welcome to the dicussion babe
Ralph
I know @Remsus i agree with u
2Y
I think heโ€™s really like this
Flubber
we started about.. an hour ago?
Ralph
Just the way flubber is acting
๐Ÿคท
Flubber
Check out the server builds I posted they're wicked
Remsus
he's a bit salty
possibly an addict (to the game)
Ralph
"A bit"
๐Ÿ˜‚
2Y
>possibly
Deleted User
just go and host your own server and lets us see how efficient you can be
Flubber
Ok
Monkey King
yea its a problem but at least we know they're addressing it
Flubber
Give me a name
Monkey King
"The bright side is that this surfacing issue helps us make our server more stable in the long run."
Ralph
Yes, there is an admin that is able to restart it within an hour - harvey in #welcome
Deleted User
SSH MS?
Remsus
lol
Ralph
So there u go
Flubber
Hurr
Hello puppy coming in for the funnies
for someone who is salty you guys sure af are proofing me wrong with the server being all up and shit rn
2Y
Hear that, less than an hour until you get your sweet, sweet fix, Flubber
Flubber
..oh wait
2Y
Straight from Harvey himself
Remsus
that;s 8 hours total downtime tho
Flubber
I wasn't even salty about six but lmao at this point
2Y
Bad timing
Flubber
I'm getting trolled left and right anyway, fucking dev tells me he wont ssh over phone lmao
I guess that's what I should take away from all of this huh, this server is a joke
Ralph
๐Ÿ˜‚ :')
Blue
Bye
Flubber
cya at 12h downtime
Ralph
I remember when u said "i give up"
Too bad ur not a man of ur word ๐Ÿ˜ฅ
Flubber
I got bored, you had a lot of personal things to deal with
fine, I can be there a little longer
Ralph
๐Ÿค” you wot
Sillyx
Cant you take this in general chat so we who wanna see news can read this chat please?
Ralph
General chat would be filtered probably :f3:
Blue
It will show in announcements too
So you wonโ€™t miss it
Flubber
nah filter would be down for 6h by the time I arrive
Ralph
๐Ÿค” you make less sense with every sentence
2Y
Flubber just leave if youโ€™ve given up on this server
No one wants to hear all this negativity
Flubber
Lol here comes the brown kid that goes "JUST LEAVE"
EntityNotFound
#REKT
2Y
>the brown kid
Flubber
ignore 90% of the convo but "ALL THIS NEGATIVITY IS KILLING MY CHI"
2Y
Yo, is this bannable from the server
Flubber
I bet whats going on in Ghana must be killing you
2Y
@Tommi
Flubber
You don'
*You don't know what brown means other then in a race context... and I'm racistt
Sanrotoky
Why are you making this racist? You should really stop talking
Ralph
:f3: i see you have given up for real this time, just trying to get reactions now eh
Flubber
hooooly f
Deleted User
I told you so...
Flubber
another idiot joins
NajiYaiba
please take your racism towards your friends, and not on this discord, you're becoming a nuisance.
Flubber
lemme google the expression "Being brown" for you
EntityNotFound
where did @Harvey go? ๐Ÿ’” plz fix
Flubber
three idiot whiteknights at once wow
Deleted User
I have him blocked so I don't even know what he's saying but he sounded like bait from the moment I started discord
Flubber
I bet all of you are white too
Oh sylla โค๏ธ
Ralph
๐Ÿค” im more pale-ish
Harvey
๐Ÿ‘€
Flubber
and you jump on the racism bandwagon over the word brown
NajiYaiba
yes @Harvey it's a lot to take in
2Y
Harvey help
Flubber
are you googling "Being brown" yet like a good boy
or are you gonna throw more misnomers at me like a damn 12 year old
Harvey
I just got a tan from vacation
Ralph
๐Ÿค” i thought u were gonna do that for us
Harvey
Am I racist? ๐Ÿ˜ฆ
Arnah
yes
Harvey
๐Ÿ˜ฆ
Ralph
๐Ÿค” yes
Flubber
When is the server shrek getting his dick out of the server?
DarkHero7 [Bram]
Harvey racist
Ban yourself please
Flubber
Troll me more
Frankcs
lol
Ralph
Troll me more, says the baiter ๐Ÿค”
Frankcs
harvey have arrived home
Flubber
what bait
the server knocked itself on its ass for 8h straights
Harvey
I think I will do more downtimes
To make discord better
2Y
Thank you
Ralph
Poggers
DarkHero7 [Bram]
Smart
Flubber
hahaha
Frankcs
lol
Ralph
More downtime is more of flubber PogChamp
Flubber
being down for 8h was all the bait I needed bro
2Y
Keep the server down until Flubber leaves
Hamza ๐ŸŽด
Bruh can you quit whining @Flubber damn, I even watched a full episode of breaking bad to still see you typing a shitstorm
Flubber
..you're gonna give me that power...
Hamza ๐ŸŽด
Go get some food an
man*
Flubber
think. with your brain.
Ralph
Flubber is typing... monkaS
2Y
Yeah
It doesnโ€™t bother me
Hamza ๐ŸŽด
You got personal issues IRL or something? Breathe fam, breathe
It's just a game, it aint that deep
Flubber
@Flont Jessie dies
Ralph
๐Ÿค”
DarkHero7 [Bram]
Wow is it just a game @Hamza ๐ŸŽด ?
I thought it was life
Flubber
Stopped watching after he got the van anyway
Arnah
lol
fake spoilers are the best
Flubber
LOL
Frankcs
yo, flont
ugly
breaking bad is really good. don't post spoilers tho.
not cool
Flubber
+1 for that google tho m8
is it. All I saw was jessie being a little bitch.
Deleted User
I slept so good and now want to finish some work, no distractions this time ๐Ÿ˜„
see you guys soon
Flubber
What h are we on right now? Did we hit 9h yet?
We should marathon 24h downtime to promote discord
Hamza ๐ŸŽด
I'ma go watch a movie or something, good luck to @Harvey for comin thru for us and @Taboo for dealing with this shit LOL
Flubber
I'll go on cam and do dick reveal
It'll be great, fastest server death ever
Ralph
Mapleclover would like a word
๐Ÿค”
Flubber
omg somebody remembers
Harvey
Flubber, you sure you can magnify that tiny thing
Deleted User
hello
any eta
EntityNotFound
welcome back harvey
Deleted User
i was gonna go ham but now im ham itself
Blue
Yes about an hour!
Flubber
just fyi I think that was the general concensus two hours ago too
Deleted User
WOW AN HOUR?
Ralph
Just read @Blue s message again if it isnt up
:f3:
Flubber
it's been down for 8
Blue
Iโ€™m going by Harveyโ€™s message so I donโ€™t know where you got your information from ?
Flubber
sigh
Croosade Forum
"This is an ID that is already logged in, or the server is under i...
The awesome GM's on Croosade tend to be very quick at addressing these issues so let's all be patient and let the bois work their magic! :cool:
just.. damn.
100 for 100 brain cells
EntityNotFound
how longs it take to restart a server @[email protected]
Flubber
8h+
EntityNotFound
apparently so
Flubber
I get complaints and lose money if I take more than an hour
EntityNotFound
my ark server gets complaints if its more then 10mins.
Flubber
ouch
why all these privates going down so much
you guys still messing around in Java?
cmon
EntityNotFound
ETA on live?
Blue
Itโ€™s restarting so it should take 10-15mins for that
Flubber
aww but I was starting to enjoy my time here
Blue
๐Ÿ˜„
Harvey
Java is life
Remsus
Java > C#
Flubber
You enjoy programming yourself to an early grave sure w/e
how many preprocessors you running already? nvm
Arnah
LMAO
Flubber
10m reboot sounds like you're running queries..
Arnah
Maybe ๐Ÿคท
some db cleanup
Flubber
is it required every boot? If trips are gonna occur more often
Arnah
Probably not. 10 minutes is trivial though
Flubber
well.. after 8h.. yeah..
Scrubbius
๐Ÿค”
Arnah
Can check previous restarts. average around 25 minutes
Assuming the announcement is instant
Flubber
so this was a one time incident
Arnah
Last time they had an unexpected issue like this was
over 40 days ago
And I don't think it lasted 8 hours
Flubber
you think in paste tense a lot
Remsus
"Unable to connect oto the login server due to a server check" ?
Arnah
You asked about this being a one time accident
Flubber
as in will devs be provided enough coffee to stay awake to reboot next time
Arnah
๐Ÿคท
Flubber
do we need to donate a coffee machine?
Arnah
๐Ÿ‘
Flubber
Okay after hammering the launcher a few hundred times I think I'm finally ig
oh, nope lol. server check.
Ralph
You have launcher issues? ๐Ÿค”
Flubber
no just blast processing
Arnah
what
Ralph
I dont get it either
Flubber
"dis nigga cray"
Server seems live again.
Remsus
flubber you still gonna play?
Blue
it was 10-15 minutes ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ
Flubber
I would if your silly server would let me
woop I'm in tho, end of the 8h downtime wooo
Scowl
:GWfroggyBeaned: :GWfroggyAngryEyes:
2Y
Congratulations
Scowl
7h tbh but ok
Flubber
7.5h
Scowl
No
Fight me
Its 7
Flubber
Alright, meet me after school. 15:15 we fight.
Scowl
Ok see you nerd
U gonna cry
To your mama
Flubber
You wish boy I'm gonna whack u so hard
Remsus
ehm
guys
i set my resolution to eh the biggest one ingame
its kinda broken now
oh it works now
ืชื•ืžืจ
can any GM contact me?
Flubber
woo I'
m a dawn warrior and it only took 8 hours

You then proceeded to get banned for... you guess it! Toxicity!
Closing this thread as well. Just stop already.
(Sorry anyone that got pinged with the @)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread