Summer Event Feedback

Harvey

Administrator
Staff member
Best answers
IGN
Harvey
Hi guys!

I've just enabled the next summer event. I've been working really hard to get it ready, but it took a lot longer due to some personal reasons.

I would like to use this thread to gather some feedback! Let me know what you think about the event. I'll keep an eye on it to see if I need to alter a few things (like drop rates etc).

More will come in the following days, like:
  • Boss PQ party mode
  • Probably several quest/npc text changes.
  • Being able to get Agent Equipment from Boss PQ.
  • Missing EXP from Boss PQ and the Speed Quiz.
  • Fix possible 'invisible' npc/mob/item in Speed Quiz.

Current (custom) plans/ideas:
  • This event uses special chaos scrolls heavily. If you fuck up the ultimate agent equipment it's kind of lost. I want a way to get another if you boom it or fuck it up!
Please let me know if anything is wrong or if you have an awesome idea to make this event even better! It will be running for a while so we have plenty of time :)

Where is Nyu?! I need my fancy headers qq

Update 21-07: Nyu fixed a fancy header and Speed Quiz now gives exp based on level and correct answers.

Last edited:

grum

Best answers
IGN
grumb
Hi, I think the event currently is very bad.

Finding Master M's Command Scrolls don't give enough exp for me to want to return to town to turn it in.

AFKing in a minidungeon for 15 mins isn't fun, if you're actually grinding in a minidungeon, it's not worth leaving the minidungeon to reset the timer if you have afk leechers.

Collecting the watermelons has to be the worst one however. The spawning/despawning tigers on platforms with no safe spots is really stupid, especially if you're waiting for the next platform tiger to move over. Sometimes you end up getting a tiger spawned ontop of you because the rng is bad. You have to complete this 5 times for a weapon that expires in a week that is useless past level 70. Reward exp is also very poor.

Ways I would improve this event would be to increase the exp for the Master M's Command Scrolls quest and changing the watermelon quest to only requiring 1 watermelon instead of 5. Maybe have these quests also provide croosade points or something.

Pretty much the event isn't fun to do. Events don't always have to be fun, but the rewards are also bad so there's no reason for me to want to do it. Compared to rescuing gaga jump quest, which was fun and had a great reward, this event feels like a very bad followup. I remember strongly disliking this event in GMS as well.

I would like to hear from others though if they feel the same way about this event.

phanta

Best answers
Didnt really play the event much, but here's my 2 cents:

Watermelon quest reward lasting 7 days might be just nice imo - its a lv30 weapon with the equivalent stats of the lv43 maple weapons on FAST atk spd. Its a great piece of equipment for players in that level range up to 70+, which you could perhaps offer custom scrolls for (since it expires anyway, im not sure if there exists any since i dont remember it). Maybe its too short for people who play a few hours only every week, but it shouldnt be a permanent thing either i think.
The 7 days hourglass still costs 10k NX to extend these weapons if anyone wants to btw, so maybe reduce it back to the 1k nx it was.

Speed quiz seems more on trivial than anything - once the questions are memorized in a bank it becomes ez pz sooner or later. Some of the missing npc pics tho...

I saw the mini-dungeon box once and wondered what it was, so no comment on that.

Boss pq still solo mode for now, so again no comment. I think the earrings were pretty neat, until you remember rex earrings exists so again maybe its worthwhile for the lower leveled players (but its kinda out of reach for them?)

Last edited:

vern

Best answers
Why are all the events solo based?
The moon bunny jump quest was solo based, and now even this watermelon field is solo based. Events would be hella more fun if you could do it with other people.
So now, not only is the event not fun to do, the rewards are also kinda bad, thus making the event not worth any one's time

Also when it was suggested for moon bunny JQ to enable a party mode; you gave a firm no. May I ask why this is? Why are you so against being able to have fun with friends while doing the event?

Last edited:

Daro

Best answers
Is there anything really worth getting from this event? I have the feeling that only 5% of the active players are actually doing it.

Daro

Best answers
If you don't like the event or don't think it's worth it, then just don't do it. :rolleyes:
I mean, I did say that I am not doing it. Just wanted to ask if there's any good reward so that I can maybe start doing it.

grum

Best answers
IGN
grumb
If you don't like the event or don't think it's worth it, then just don't do it. :rolleyes:
But this is literally the event feedback thread, people who don't like the event should be posting here. Simply telling them not to do the event is a waste of Harvey's effort.

phanta

Best answers
I mean, I did say that I am not doing it. Just wanted to ask if there's any good reward so that I can maybe start doing it.

Lets clarify on this - people who are at late/endgame bossing stand to benefit little from the event because the rewards arent worth that much value in their progression there.

People who have just started the server have much reasons to do it for free decent stat gear and exp. Those lv30's that were struggling with cpq can now get a better weapon to tide them over the initial phase of killing mobs there and it just so happens this weapon could last u until the 70's and above depending on your class. Free 4att gloves, some OA with all-stats, etc.

BishPlease

Best answers
In case you're looking for (possible) bugs too:
  • The Special Agent O quest text says you get the nylon gloves after 10 badges, but it's actually 5 - maybe you intentionally reduced, but I didn't see any notes about it. The leather gloves still takes the full 100 badges though.
  • If you spam re-enter the same mini dungeon, you queue up a bunch of boxes to spawn one after the other on entry/re-entry after the 15 minute timer since there's some memory of the mini dungeon instance (I think you'll need to have nobody else enter it, but that's easy to accomplish these days), allowing for a much quicker (but tedious) way to finish the leather gloves.

Harvey

Administrator
Staff member
Best answers
IGN
Harvey
Finally some feedback! I will respond later when I have some more time!

In case you're looking for (possible) bugs too:
  • The Special Agent O quest text says you get the nylon gloves after 10 badges, but it's actually 5 - maybe you intentionally reduced, but I didn't see any notes about it. The leather gloves still takes the full 100 badges though.
  • If you spam re-enter the same mini dungeon, you queue up a bunch of boxes to spawn one after the other on entry/re-entry after the 15 minute timer since there's some memory of the mini dungeon instance (I think you'll need to have nobody else enter it, but that's easy to accomplish these days), allowing for a much quicker (but tedious) way to finish the leather gloves.
I fixed the spam re-enter bug. Mind post a screenshot of the first 'bug'?

BishPlease

Best answers
I fixed the spam re-enter bug. Mind post a screenshot of the first 'bug'?

I'm referring to this thing saying it needs 10 badges, but I was getting the nylon gloves every 5 badges. I don't really want to spend an hour recreating it, now that you fixed the second point and I can't get one quickly LOL.

pcbdQ59[1].png

Users who are viewing this thread