what can we do to make the server pop again

Marcus

Best answers
Keep playing instead of quitting because others quit, it only causes a downward spiral.
People play the same pre big bang servers for years on end, but get tired and expect new stuff here in Croosade nonstop because they're used to getting regular patches with new stuff. Which is partly weird because of that contrast..
..but at the same time it makes sense because all the current bosses are easy now, many classes already hits damage cap easily, and people can't see any progress on their range either because it's artificially limited visually which makes no sense. People would obviously like new bosses, but people also like seeing numbers grow, ie. damage or range going up. The damage cap is obviously there for a reason as it massively impacts game play and balance and should therefore stay as it is for now. But the damage range keeps going up past 2m except that we're not allowed to see it for some unexplainable reason, which is why i've made this suggestion. I'm among the oldest still playing players on Croosade, but even i'm starting to get frustrated now because the thread has had no official response for over a month. I don't even expect an approval, but removing range cap seems like such an easy and fast way to allow people to watch their e-peen grow again while waiting for higher versions that bring new bosses, as well as letting people compare equips instead of everything just being +-0. Just a couple sentences saying that it's actually harder than it seems because of some usual Nexon stupidity or there's some other reason they don't wanna do it. But if it's something that just takes a few minutes to fix i don't see why they won't do it

But in the grand scheme i think it's mostly because the patches we're going through right now doesn't bring much new or any big changes.
I think the only thing we can really do is to wait for when new harder bosses start coming out that requires new equips etc and hope for people to return once again after we get to that point, we're still not lower than we were when people ditched over to Kastia. But until then, all you can do is keep playing, don't contribute to the downward spiral of quitters

jobguy

Best answers
Keep playing, help new players, have positive attitudes and continue to give helpful suggestions to actually contribute to positive server progress. I’ve been playing different servers for years and there are genuinely just times of the year where population dips, this is one of them.

Momori

Best answers
IGN
Cloud
MCS-Inno-COG-Hell is super unhealthy for the mentality cause you can play for hours and hours, trying to progress but theres the high chance you still land exactly where you started, at 0. Thus making the gameplay experience extremely frustrating for new players, which results in them quitting, therefore resulting in no new players. I think that's a big factor as to why the playerbase is stagnant and why alot of older players jump to a different server once it releases in the hopes to find something better. Taking that into factor and staffs past decision on certain things (Magnus, Commerci, viewing new classes as content), + community toxicity (which is a problem in general on the internet) is prolly why this server won't be able to come out of its vicious circle. Those things can be said about the v92 alternative as well, since we saw it dying in literally less than 6 months.

I also don't have any ideas on how to make those changes, to turn things over. I can only see hope for this server around V (v179) since it changes a big part of the game, and theres a clear basis of Endgame, Midgame and Earlygame.

Phantera

Best answers
MCS-Inno-COG-Hell is super unhealthy for the mentality cause you can play for hours and hours, trying to progress but theres the high chance you still land exactly where you started, at 0. Thus making the gameplay experience extremely frustrating for new players, which results in them quitting, therefore resulting in no new players. I think that's a big factor as to why the playerbase is stagnant and why alot of older players jump to a different server once it releases in the hopes to find something better. Taking that into factor and staffs past decision on certain things (Magnus, Commerci, viewing new classes as content), + community toxicity (which is a problem in general on the internet) is prolly why this server won't be able to come out of its vicious circle. Those things can be said about the v92 alternative as well, since we saw it dying in literally less than 6 months.

I also don't have any ideas on how to make those changes, to turn things over. I can only see hope for this server around V (v179) since it changes a big part of the game, and theres a clear basis of Endgame, Midgame and Earlygame.

i did see some player quit because of mcs + inno hell cycle.

Prime scroll was the alternative back then, but seeing how it was implemented (no guardian scroll + around 1 month 1/2 event time), it causes the alot of player to grind non stop thus burn them out really badly.

I assume the admin dint want the player to advance too fast and complaint later on there's nothing to do next. but sadly this will be the game stats till V content came with their dailies mission, nodestone farming, and grinding to max level. ( meso grind + 22* starforce hell came during v197)

TBH, I would like a slow and steady progression system instead of rushing it all in an event and leaving most player out of content outside them.
a weekly shop similiar to legion shop where you can buy limited item weekly would hopefully made player play casually but still seeing some progression weekly.

Croosade used to be like that, daily bosses and small progression. however RN its all about tyring to hit the cap and can be done only during certain event thus leaving most player sleeping on normal content.

"The term “themepark” brings to mind the idea of a setting with attractions to ride over and over. But no matter how many times you ride the attractions, the details just never change. If you wait several years and go back, they are right there, waiting for you...just as you left them. While this could be fun the first few times, it gets boring quick and you could find yourself looking at other themeparks for new and more exciting rides." - copy pasted

AnnKnight

Best answers
IGN
CryosLight

I will disagree about the mcs-inno-cog part partially.
I do not think it makes the gameplay experience frustrating for new players unless they choose that as their first priority over many other alternatives such as spell tracing their weapon or scrolls that don't require inno if it goes wrong. In short. there's way more alternative options for them to work on before they get into "mcs-inno-cog-hell" (if they choose to). While to some, it can make some people quit, I don't think that's the main reason for the situation we're in.

With the release of prime scrolls, there has been a lack of new bosses or content to clear to come with it. As I have taken 5-6 months to finish everything and even if I don't cap (soon), I lack the ability to upgrade my gear anyway unless I want to get into "mcs-inno-cog-hell" but even then I doubt even that is enough to allow me to cap. To me, I lost a sense of progression because I'm at the point where I don't have any new bosses to clear, I don't have any gear to work on, a 2nd character doesn't fit well with me. I even finished most of the important links to level 3 and maxed character cards.

This is coming from someone that only cogged gear where there doesn't exist a non RNG scroll. I also barely primed my gear. I waited 2 months before I was able to start cogging gear and by then, I was already 12k stats. Okay even if I spell trace +7 str instead of cogging everything, I will again reach the point where I can clear every boss already but I still lack something to upgrade because my upgrade slots are still 0. I would've "finished" everything sooner but maybe lack like 3-5m per line compared to cogging? Probably even faster than that and then what I do I do? Back to the same issue of no new content to clear even if I don't cap. Now there's a whole "introduce star force if chaos scrolls are adjusted" but I will not get into that until there's a clear post describing it in full details about how the process will go.

This isn't to blame them for lacking new bosses right after the prime scroll event, but that event contributed to the state we're in. I have mostly been logging in and doing daily bosses while optimistic about the future but it's hard to hide the fact that I'm bored and there's not a lot for me to do. Even if progress is slowed down, you will reach that point of nothing to do again. I just hope new bosses content comes soon and we're just going to have to keep waiting ;)

I originally was going to write something along the lines of adding some sort of "progression scrolls" in the Easter event but I feel that's just a temporary band-aid and on a personal level, it wouldn't encourage me to farm. With the way Nexon designed the game, I feel there's no fix, only delay.

Friend

Best answers
I think progression is kinda weird subject because people are different and to me, based on what I've seen, mcs+cog+inno hell was healthier than primes/spell traces. Ending up at 0, or a mediocre item, or even a good but not great item, meant that you had to keep playing to upgrade further. Primes and spell traces make it much simpler but once you're done, that's that because the only way you could further upgrade would be to hope for several incredibly good MCS results in a row and above-average COGs for the rest of the item slots. Friends who primed their gear ended up just logging for bosses because upgrading more just doesn't reasonable at that point, which kinda neuters the point in farming/pqing/monster park, making bossing the only thing that seemed worth doing... and after a while of doing just the same bosses over and over, they lost interest.

If anything, the couple new players I helped (once RED event had ended) showed me that people would get frustrated at the fact that getting MCS and COGs is a nuisance, more so than getting fucked over by RNG. I don't remember much because I didn't get to play that much with enhancements/starforce, but I think that's the kind of "content" that sorta forces you to keep playing so you can eventually finish with gear but it's not as RNG reliant as MCS/COGs?

Anyway, thinking about the stuff I've seen recently from newer players is that low population kinda fucks them over because the market is very slow. It kinda balances out because faf gear/gollux stuff is also cheaper, but there aren't enough resources that come from party-play sources like COGs and LGRs. It wouldn't bring old players back, because they already have their "finished" gear and their LGRs or whatever else they're using, but having more of those around from other sources could help with new player retention right now.

Phantera

Best answers
I don't see prime being the problem here seeing how we're doing regular 3 door and some manage to solo cvel prior to it. honestly, playing a private server should allow us to indulge on stuff we will never ever get in regular server w/o forking crazy amount of resource.

Thing is,
we been doing the same grind daily.
Daily bosses (some does multiple run with sub main)
Daily meso and cube grind. seeing how 30% is becoming less wanted on end gear and it usually gonna take 1k cube on average for 33% if you are unlucky. Trade boom ended, you gotta cube them yourself nowdays or wait for a very long time for trade.
leveling mules for link

I cant really blame the lack of content seeing we know what we are signing into around 3 month for some new content. This is how the game is designed. Honestly its fine for most of us to take a break. there's life outside croosade you know. Im too am tired for all of the above reason seeing how i usually run 2 or 3 boss daily. same with my buddies and all of them decided to take a break due to how repetitive it became in the end.

I know some will just blame prime, but as someone who hated rng in mcs and cog (barely used both aside red event cog on 3 piece of eq),
this is just gonna be a rant from a old dude, I rather wait for the next prime or see how the server gonna implement it later. grinding for mcs / cog only to fail or give bad stats really make you rethinking life and how you are spending your finite time on. really, MP / PQ for 30 min for 1 scroll only for it to fail or give a low stat is really a bummer, and if its not BiS you know you gotta repeat the same process again on the next current BiS just to see the BIG NUMBER. By now, we all should know this rng stuff is how nexon manipulate their player base to spend more money on them, however here, were spending "time", and time is never "free". if you wanna spend hours upon hours on on one item that will get replace in a few month basis, sure go ahead, just remember not everyone have the same free time seeing how most of the player are an adult and should have a proper job and responsibility (hopefully) and stop complaining about the player base. this always happen post event.

TLDR: blame nexon content, not event, take a break and destress.

Users who are viewing this thread