What's next?

Harvey

Administrator
Staff member
Best answers
IGN
Harvey
Hi everyone,

Now that the Boss Coin shop is released I want to discuss what should be next on Croosade. So what's next? What's left to do?

I have a small list myself, but I really want to hear what you guys think. List below is in order, though priorities might change.
  • Make edits to the WZ files
    This will be a periodically thing that I have to do. Right now it's about fixing several issues like Pet descriptions, Pet expiration, Transparant Katara, Label Rings etc. I think I can bundle a few together and ship them before everything is done.
  • Summer Event
    I want to have a cool summer event! I've been thinking about Sheep Ranch Event and 'Find Master M'. If it's not enough perhaps I can do run more events as well.
  • QoL changes
    Not entirely sure what will be done in here, but one thing for sure is making sure that Astaroth questline items can be acquired somewhere if lost.
  • Maple Trading System
    I realised I can never say v92 is complete without having a button working that's always visible... plus I enjoy coding these things.
  • Revise Gachapon
    Yeah what can I say about this.. not much at the moment. Other than revising items in there and probabilities.
I would love to hear what events you really enjoyed in pre-bb 10+ years ago. Personally I liked the Visitor Events a lot and I hope I can run this event here some day (yes also with Visitor PQ). I can run polls for events so you guys will decide what will be next. Although I think this will exclude Visitor, because it's pretty large. (I will try to work on it from time to time and hope to surprise you all :) )

Obviously bug fixes and improving current functions (like Boss Coin shop) will always come inbetween, no worries on that! Though I also have to tell you that I will also be working on progressive, but that's why I am also not giving dates (except perhaps for the Summer Event).

Kind regards,
Harvey

dang

Best answers
I'm excited for summer event! The Find Master M quest was awesome. I can't recall if any of the following were pre-BB but I also thoroughly have fun/nostalgic feels when I think of: Alien event that came with VIP weapons, jewel crafting event, and cake boss in towns during annniversary events.

PoopCakes

Best answers
I think we all agree that Back to School event should be the number one priority, as it is widely regarded as the best event of all time.

i just want a lunch box

Babe

Best answers
IGN
Wish
Events would be great especially in this time of need during COVID-19!

Also Maple Trading system!! Would it be functional to use for NX items and make selling NX items easier?

SnoopyTheSheep

Best answers
IGN
SnoopyASheep
I actually plan on lowering the meso drop rate. I'm sure the majority will probably disagree, but looking at statistics it's bound to happen.
You mentioned in the boss coin discussion post that you plan on lowering meso drop. Could you give us some direction what you intend to achieve with this in more detail? Lowering meso rate does reduce meso inflation which is great and all, but is this going to be a global meso drop decease or will it target specific maps?
The reason why I ask this is because some grinding maps are more reliant on pure meso drops than others. A global % meso decrease hurts skele farming more than gallos farming. Are you pushing for:
1. More competition for limited maps [gallos/ToT] or less competition for maps [unlimited Skele mini-dungeon]?
2. Having to choose between exp [gallos/ToT] or the better exp map also being the better meso map? [Skeles]?
3. Balance between bishop/archmage [relative nerf to Skele hurts bishops way more than it does archmages].

A big reason why I main bishop and didn't make an archmage is because I love the agency Skeles provides. The meso rate is stable and not dependant on RNG [ToT has PoT drops which is RNG in the short-term] and more importantly it is immensely comforting for me to know that I can hop online and find a map to grind whenever I want at any time. I can take breaks when I want without worrying about my map being stolen and grind in peace without people asking for leech.

Given these reasons and the apparent lack of Ulu2/Gallos maps, I'm inclined to believe that map-specific meso drop nerfs would be better than a global % meso nerf. What are the admins' thoughts on this?

Sisasnt

Best answers
Looking really good! I would personally put revise gachapon first on the list, followed by events. I would love to see new cool old school events or perhaps a brand new one and unique croosade event? that'd be awesome but it would probably be a lot more work for you guys.

Either way, I would also like to see events which give something that's really worth it and not something we will never use. Find Master M is an awesome event and brings back so many memories but the rewards aren't really worth it, perhaps we could use the event but change rewards a bit.

Charlie

Best answers
IGN
toot & poop
Maple Trading System
I realised I can never say v92 is complete without having a button working that's always visible... plus I enjoy coding these things.
This is fucking awesome, another thing that Croosade will do that no other private server has/ever will.

Harvey

Administrator
Staff member
Best answers
IGN
Harvey
I'm excited for summer event! The Find Master M quest was awesome. I can't recall if any of the following were pre-BB but I also thoroughly have fun/nostalgic feels when I think of: Alien event that came with VIP weapons, jewel crafting event, and cake boss in towns during annniversary events.
The Visitor Event I was talking about is the Alien event. I am not so sure how I would introduce VIP weapons though.. must be different than on GMS.

Jewel Crafting event? Link please.

Cake Boss, hmm. I am actually planning on having the Cake vs Pie event on our anniversary :)

I think we all agree that Back to School event should be the number one priority, as it is widely regarded as the best event of all time.

i just want a lunch box
Some day yeah.

Events would be great especially in this time of need during COVID-19!

Also Maple Trading system!! Would it be functional to use for NX items and make selling NX items easier?
I agree! About MTS, I think so yeah?

We actually have Golden Temple. I can make that occur several times a year ??

Is the end game equip system or w/e that you were planning to create still a thing?
Definitely yes! I want to make an entire custom questline for this. Boss Points will be a part of the questline then and the forces too. I am not that good making up things, so I might ask for help some day! Maybe we can make something cool altogether.

Looking really good! I would personally put revise gachapon first on the list, followed by events. I would love to see new cool old school events or perhaps a brand new one and unique croosade event? that'd be awesome but it would probably be a lot more work for you guys.

Either way, I would also like to see events which give something that's really worth it and not something we will never use. Find Master M is an awesome event and brings back so many memories but the rewards aren't really worth it, perhaps we could use the event but change rewards a bit.
WZ stuff has been on hold for so long, I can't put that aside any longer.

About event rewards.. it's so hard to do it. In the past everyone would be content with the event specific items, even if they suck. Just to collect them. Nowadays everyone expects much more from it and I will have to find some middle ground. Events are more about fun than rewards imo though.

This is fucking awesome, another thing that Croosade will do that no other private server has/ever will.
itc.png

Harvey

Administrator
Staff member
Best answers
IGN
Harvey
You mentioned in the boss coin discussion post that you plan on lowering meso drop. Could you give us some direction what you intend to achieve with this in more detail? Lowering meso rate does reduce meso inflation which is great and all, but is this going to be a global meso drop decease or will it target specific maps?
The reason why I ask this is because some grinding maps are more reliant on pure meso drops than others. A global % meso decrease hurts skele farming more than gallos farming. Are you pushing for:
1. More competition for limited maps [gallos/ToT] or less competition for maps [unlimited Skele mini-dungeon]?
2. Having to choose between exp [gallos/ToT] or the better exp map also being the better meso map? [Skeles]?
3. Balance between bishop/archmage [relative nerf to Skele hurts bishops way more than it does archmages].

A big reason why I main bishop and didn't make an archmage is because I love the agency Skeles provides. The meso rate is stable and not dependant on RNG [ToT has PoT drops which is RNG in the short-term] and more importantly it is immensely comforting for me to know that I can hop online and find a map to grind whenever I want at any time. I can take breaks when I want without worrying about my map being stolen and grind in peace without people asking for leech.

Given these reasons and the apparent lack of Ulu2/Gallos maps, I'm inclined to believe that map-specific meso drop nerfs would be better than a global % meso nerf. What are the admins' thoughts on this?
It would be a decrease in global rate. 3x -> 2x.

Why? Current statistics show that on average 2.5 times as money coming into the game then going out.
I can show you the stats from 2020-05-06:
Total money coming in: 12064792023
Total money going out: 4957243402
That makes incoming money 2.43 times more than outgoing.

Tax paid on that day was 1796165323.

Now the difference between incoming and outgoing is 7107548621 (so this is in fact the exact amount that was fabricated on that day). Minus the tax it makes it a total of 5311383298 coming in daily (avg).

Then if I start buffing some other maps (not sure how yet at all) it will make all maps more equal in terms of exp/mesos.

SnoopyTheSheep

Best answers
IGN
SnoopyASheep
It would be a decrease in global rate. 3x -> 2x.

Why? Current statistics show that on average 2.5 times as money coming into the game then going out.
I can show you the stats from 2020-05-06:
Total money coming in: 12,064,792,023
Total money going out: 4,957,243,402
That makes incoming money 2.43 times more than outgoing.

Tax paid on that day was 1,796,165,323.

Now the difference between incoming and outgoing is 7107548621 (so this is in fact the exact amount that was fabricated on that day). Minus the tax it makes it a total of 5311383298 coming in daily (avg).

Then if I start buffing some other maps (not sure how yet at all) it will make all maps more equal in terms of exp/mesos.
Those are some very interesting statistics! I didn't expect non-tax meso going out to be so high. I thought tax would be the main source of meso going out. Any idea how that 4b meso went out? I can't imagine people buying npc potions would cost that much.

I think your plans are good, I just want Skeles to stay relevant so I can farm there in peace. Promoting more skeles can't be a bad idea when people have been complaining about there not being enough maps.

NoNameID

Best answers
The Visitor Event I was talking about is the Alien event. I am not so sure how I would introduce VIP weapons though.. must be different than on GMS.
I must say, you have grow a lot in the choices you make on what to introduce in to the game, but this is a big NO.
I think that in pre big bang we don't need or want other then the lv 110 weapon and the reverse/timeless as a upgrade. this VIP weapons do nothing other than ruin the whole point of secondary stat to equip weapons. What is fun about NL if I can wear my weapon without gearing myself with enough dex? Same as the other classes.
not to mention I think DRPQ weapons are broken and better then perfected reverse..

Slumber

Best answers
Personally I liked the Visitor Events a lot and I hope I can run this event here some day (yes also with Visitor PQ).
God, this was like one of the best PQs and events nexon did. It was quite elaborate; I'd be hesitant with alien weapons. I would say this doesn't include accessories like rings and earrings (VIP was so good in pre-bb because it had the 4/8/12% potential lines, which we don't have to worry about).

The main reason folks would be active for the PQ would be for accessories like earrings, belts, and rings (limit to wearing 1 of any alien ring per character) to be honest, so excluding the weapons entirely wouldn't have any negative impacts. The PQ took 2 mages to complete the alien bomb room and actually required a full party of 6 ppl. I think there was a once or twice a day limit on the one that awarded VIP gear as well.

Interesting statistics. I still have the mindset of maps that require active attention to be more rewarding in terms of pure mesos because currently we have gallos, which is one spot, skeles, which is 2 FMA spots, and ulu2, which is 2 FMA spots as the main, pure money makers. There's quite a few maps that can use exp + mesos buffs in Leafre, Aqua (hi....), and Nath.
(buff the darn bombing fish house re-spawn rate, girl)

Additions:
1) Maple Tree Event where you donate sunshine etcs to grow a tree and get points for random summer NX or NX that hasn't been imported into the game yet as well as in-game prizes such as clean slate scrolls (might be able to mitigate concerns of bishops not getting boss points).

2) Would love to see an enhancement system where after weapons are scrolled, they can get not only get additional weapon/magic/primary stats, but stats that are similar to the DRPQ weapons (e.g. +20% devil type, +5% additional critical rate, etc) and accessories give certain %hp/mp as well. It would make weapons a bit customizable and give folks something to do than run a PQ for BiS or perfect a weapon and simply be done.

This can be part of a quest line that occurs for each additional upgrade slot that incorporates boss points and other specific markers (like kill X boss Y times) as well as serving as a huge mesos sink (this is end-game content), while allowing weapons to be customizable (e.g. weapon that is fully scrolled: 1st-2nd enhancement: +wep/matk; 3rd enhancement: +wep/matk & X%hp/mp; 4th enhancement: having a person choose if they want +20% damage devil type, +20% damage to reptile, 5th enhancement: X% chance to do 10% additional boss damage, etc.. on their weapons).

Harvey

Administrator
Staff member
Best answers
IGN
Harvey
I must say, you have grow a lot in the choices you make on what to introduce in to the game, but this is a big NO.
I think that in pre big bang we don't need or want other then the lv 110 weapon and the reverse/timeless as a upgrade. this VIP weapons do nothing other than ruin the whole point of secondary stat to equip weapons. What is fun about NL if I can wear my weapon without gearing myself with enough dex? Same as the other classes.
not to mention I think DRPQ weapons are broken and better then perfected reverse..
I don't like them either, but that's why I said that I'm not sure how to introduce them, because I don't want to introduce them like GMS did (and I can't). About DRPQ items, I don't like them either and they shouldn't be better than reverse imo. So yes, I will do something to that shit, but not at the moment. (perhaps change in durability, durability cost or can only repair x times)

God, this was like one of the best PQs and events nexon did. It was quite elaborate; I'd be hesitant with alien weapons. I would say this doesn't include accessories like rings and earrings (VIP was so good in pre-bb because it had the 4/8/12% potential lines, which we don't have to worry about).

The main reason folks would be active for the PQ would be for accessories like earrings, belts, and rings (limit to wearing 1 of any alien ring per character) to be honest, so excluding the weapons entirely wouldn't have any negative impacts. The PQ took 2 mages to complete the alien bomb room and actually required a full party of 6 ppl. I think there was a once or twice a day limit on the one that awarded VIP gear as well.

Interesting statistics. I still have the mindset of maps that require active attention to be more rewarding in terms of pure mesos because currently we have gallos, which is one spot, skeles, which is 2 FMA spots, and ulu2, which is 2 FMA spots as the main, pure money makers. There's quite a few maps that can use exp + mesos buffs in Leafre, Aqua (hi....), and Nath.
(buff the darn bombing fish house re-spawn rate, girl)

Additions:
1) Maple Tree Event where you donate sunshine etcs to grow a tree and get points for random summer NX or NX that hasn't been imported into the game yet as well as in-game prizes such as clean slate scrolls (might be able to mitigate concerns of bishops not getting boss points).

2) Would love to see an enhancement system where after weapons are scrolled, they can get not only get additional weapon/magic/primary stats, but stats that are similar to the DRPQ weapons (e.g. +20% devil type, +5% additional critical rate, etc) and accessories give certain %hp/mp as well. It would make weapons a bit customizable and give folks something to do than run a PQ for BiS or perfect a weapon and simply be done.

This can be part of a quest line that occurs for each additional upgrade slot that incorporates boss points and other specific markers (like kill X boss Y times) as well as serving as a huge mesos sink (this is end-game content), while allowing weapons to be customizable (e.g. weapon that is fully scrolled: 1st-2nd enhancement: +wep/matk; 3rd enhancement: +wep/matk & X%hp/mp; 4th enhancement: having a person choose if they want +20% damage devil type, +20% damage to reptile, 5th enhancement: X% chance to do 10% additional boss damage, etc.. on their weapons).
I remember that Maple Tree Event haha. It was fun yeah!

The bonus things you mention for the enhancement system is impossible to do. All I can do is change stats like str, int, luk, dex, acc, avoid etc. Critical perhaps only with potentials, but I rather not have that. Best thing would be to remove all these stats from the DRPQ weapons.

---------------

Oh just thought of an event that I've never played myself I think, but videos look awesome. Fairytale Land event!

I hope there's enough videos with English text :x

Last edited:

NoNameID

Best answers
I don't like them either, but that's why I said that I'm not sure how to introduce them, because I don't want to introduce them like GMS did (and I can't). About DRPQ items, I don't like them either and they shouldn't be better than reverse imo. So yes, I will do something to that shit, but not at the moment. (perhaps change in durability, durability cost or can only repair x times)

I remember that Maple Tree Event haha. It was fun yeah!

The bonus things you mention for the enhancement system is impossible to do. All I can do is change stats like str, int, luk, dex, acc, avoid etc. Critical perhaps only with potentials, but I rather not have that. Best thing would be to remove all these stats from the DRPQ weapons.

---------------

Oh just thought of an event that I've never played myself I think, but videos look awesome. Fairytale Land event!

I hope there's enough videos with English text :x
Just don't introduce them at all. If you don't like them, and they have no point then we don't need them lol.
About DRPQ weapons I suggest you to not delay it and deal with them ASAP, or people will get rage about them spend hours farming them for bills buying them.

SnoopyTheSheep

Best answers
IGN
SnoopyASheep
I second changing DRPQ weapons ASAP if you don't like the way they are. People already have, and will, invest into these items so the sooner you nerf it the less issues it will cause.
If there were intentions to change DRPQ weapons it really should have been announced much sooner.

Edit: Thanks for creating this thread. I think these kind of threads discussing the admin's plans for the future should be done more frequently. Pre-wipe there were a lot of complaints about the admins making big changes out of nowhere that the community had no idea would happen (Post BB server cough cough).

Huell

Best answers
Personally the maple tree event is the most nostalgic memory of maplestory I have so I am biased towards it, but I also feel like implementing an npc that can give back the Astaroth ETC is a great idea as I've seen way too many people ask what to do if they lost theirs

Brightness

Best answers
IGN
Brightness
I'm very excited about the MTS the most.
Hey Harvey, do you have any estimate on when the MTS will be ready? By ready I mean, we can start buying and selling things on there.
I miss that so much! Its a great feature, reminds me of back in the day, when it was available.
Some servers made the Button teleport you to FM instead, but I think thats a bad idea.

Hey guys, you agree we should make it a normal MTS trading system? Not just a button that takes you to FM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)