What's next?

SnoopyTheSheep

Best answers
IGN
SnoopyASheep
I like the idea of having these options, but feel like no one would use boss points for buying them. Maybe they could be added to Miu Miu, would work as a meso sink as well
As long as these potions are second to apples. Making APQ redundant doesn't seem very preBB maplestory-like. APQ is pretty nostalgic and a big part the fun in the server for many.

Brightness

Best answers
IGN
Brightness
As long as these potions are second to apples. Making APQ redundant doesn't seem very preBB maplestory-like. APQ is pretty nostalgic and a big part the fun in the server for many.
You mean to say the only reason people do APQ is for the apples?

Brightness

Best answers
IGN
Brightness
That is, the practical reason to do it. Not necessarily the only reason.
I can tell. Its probably also because, the stages are fun to do. Its sad I must be married to do it, I gotta look into a possibility of getting married with a female mule, but we will see about that, I feel weird about that idea...

Gale123

Best answers
Making old maps look better on higher resolutions would be challenging but awesome. Well, some maps are easier than others. MapleRoyals did the same. But I doubt it's an option that's on the table.

Like this:

Before -

After -

This is fucking awesome, another thing that Croosade will do that no other private server has/ever will.
Not surprising, considering the fact that Croosade was one of the first servers to implement higher resolutions (a thing that was consider impossible previously) while at the same time having it integrated into the menu seamlessly compared to other servers where you need to manually download another client.

Last edited:

Brightness

Best answers
IGN
Brightness
Making old maps look better on higher resolutions would be challenging but awesome. Well, some maps are easier than others. MapleRoyals did the same. But I doubt it's an option that's on the table.

Like this:

Before -

After -

Not surprising, considering the fact that Croosade was one of the first servers to implement higher resolutions (a thing that was consider impossible previously) while at the same time having it integrated into the menu seamlessly compared to other servers where you need to manually download another client.
I'm very glad there's higher resolution, and yes, some maps need to be modified to fit in with a higher resolution. I agree.

I dont mean to say this is very urgent, but if it can be done at some point, it'd be nice to see. I imagine there are other things to bring first, as this is something mainly cosmetics/appearance related, not a serious glitch or bug.

There's actually something else I dont really understand, to be honest. All maps in the game, are maps created and designed by Wizet/Nexon. Well, why is it impossible, to, for example, create a custom map with a custom background and platforms and custom monsters? Or is that possible, but just takes too much work to do and thats why no private servers ever do it.

Gale123

Best answers
I'm very glad there's higher resolution, and yes, some maps need to be modified to fit in with a higher resolution. I agree.

I dont mean to say this is very urgent, but if it can be done at some point, it'd be nice to see. I imagine there are other things to bring first, as this is something mainly cosmetics/appearance related, not a serious glitch or bug.

There's actually something else I dont really understand, to be honest. All maps in the game, are maps created and designed by Wizet/Nexon. Well, why is it impossible, to, for example, create a custom map with a custom background and platforms and custom monsters? Or is that possible, but just takes too much work to do and thats why no private servers ever do it.
Gonna be a long post because I have an 8 years experience of this topic. Creating a custom map with a custom background (although background is a little tricky and looks very ugly when you do it) and platforms is possible. But it depends. Are you using existing assets, are you editing existing assets or are you creating new ones yourself? Custom made assets are rarely successful and often don't work with the core art of the game. Using already existing assets and editing them is much easier and works a lot better. In order to create a high quality new map, you need to make sure it looks good, and think about the functional aspects of it:

1) What part of the maple world does this map belong too?
2) Is it connected to other maps?
3) What is the level design?
4) Does this map favor any class?
5) What purpose does it serve?
6) Is the scenery too dense or too empty?

You also need to test it and make sure everything works properly. That's why a lot of servers just prefer to just use content from higher / alternative versions. It's a lot easier.

MapleRoyals has a few custom made maps, they also edited most of their maps to fit the 720p resolution. But their work is a little average and I could point out things that could've been done better.

As for mobs, creating new ones is very, very hard and often doesn't worth the effort because again, most of the time they don't fit the art. Editing them is easier, but not as easy as you think. You have to edit every single frame of animation, which requires a lot of dedication and a bit of hard work. Here are some of my personal edits.
1590235557795.png
1590235730012.png

And a map that I created, dedicated to mages only and for levels 30-50, which is reflected in the level design. Ignore the background because again, it's very ugly in the editor.

BUT I don't want to go out of topic here, if you have more questions feel free to PM me.

Brightness

Best answers
IGN
Brightness
Gonna be a long post because I have an 8 years experience of this topic. Creating a custom map with a custom background (although background is a little tricky and looks very ugly when you do it) and platforms is possible. But it depends. Are you using existing assets, are you editing existing assets or are you creating new ones yourself? Custom made assets are rarely successful and often don't work with the core art of the game. Using already existing assets and editing them is much easier and works a lot better. In order to create a high quality new map, you need to make sure it looks good, and think about the functional aspects of it:

1) What part of the maple world does this map belong too?
2) Is it connected to other maps?
3) What is the level design?
4) Does this map favor any class?
5) What purpose does it serve?
6) Is the scenery too dense or too empty?

You also need to test it and make sure everything works properly. That's why a lot of servers just prefer to just use content from higher / alternative versions. It's a lot easier.

MapleRoyals has a few custom made maps, they also edited most of their maps to fit the 720p resolution. But their work is a little average and I could point out things that could've been done better.

As for mobs, creating new ones is very, very hard and often doesn't worth the effort because again, most of the time they don't fit the art. Editing them is easier, but not as easy as you think. You have to edit every single frame of animation, which requires a lot of dedication and a bit of hard work. Here are some of my personal edits.
View attachment 13875
View attachment 13876

And a map that I created, dedicated to mages only and for levels 30-50, which is reflected in the level design. Ignore the background because again, it's very ugly in the editor.

BUT I don't want to go out of topic here, if you have more questions feel free to PM me.
I can tell you are some kind of graphic designer, or map editor. I see there are better options than creating a completely new map, monsters and so on from the start. I was just curious to find out why its not done, but I have no interest in finding out more personally from you.

Personally, I'd like to see more PQ's, especially custom made ones. As many players are already at a high level, the lower leveled PQ"s arent as fun or useful to do. There are some good stuff lately, like the Golden Temple and the Pyramid PQ. But honestly, I got easily bored of that content and it lacks replay value, which is the ability to do a PQ many times without it being pointless after 1 or 2 rounds.

There are also things I just dont get, like for example the Russian Rolette event. Its extremely boring, you just enter a random portal and hope not to be kicked out. If you are wrong, the event can end in just one minute. Even if you win, its like 100 times more boring than the Fitness event, for example. Atleast that, allows you to do a JQ with everyone else and see how fast or slow you are compared to others, and its also challenging experience.

But about new maps, or custom made maps and monsters. Its okay, its nothing I was thinking about for a long time or really wanted to see happen. I dont really care about it too much, but maybe new maps and areas from higher versions would be nice at some point.

Generally I'm satisfied, and almost nothing is urgent. Content or features I dont like, I just ignore or never use them, simple as that. But, we're here to discuss and think about what should be next, so we're atleast trying to do that, I guess. Have anyone thought of something useful to have on the server, without it requiring too much work to make it happen? If yes, then that's worth discussing. There are a thousand other things which would be amazing to have, but simply require too much work to complete and therefore aren't worth a discussion.

We gotta remember this server isnt run by huge company with 100 developers. Its a small team, and I'm assuming only some of them are actually developers(Maybe just Harvey is the only developer/coder? Still not sure...), but they dont have to tell us exactly who does what, if they dont want to.

Brightness

Best answers
IGN
Brightness
cake boss event was fun with all the people back in gms to kill that giant cake togheter in town
I agree. Also you could join the fight without organizing a party, or expedition. So it allows anyone who wants to do it to come join, and also at almost any level.

There was also a way to summon a boss in town by doing a custom quest which requires providing materials, in exchange for summoning a boss. When its summoned, there was an automatic announcement in chat to call everyone to come join the fight.

Just like automatic events, how about automatic town boss? Think about it, it couldnt hurt.

CheezPuff

Best answers
IGN
CheezPuff

Like this:

Before -

After -

good idea hope is be release soon

jsgsgssii

Best answers
Please release a multilingual chat as soon as possible. This summer vacation covid-19 period is an opportunity to Increase users

Lenrage

Best answers
LF> fake PB, HT, crimson balrogs, mobs at all towns summons just like GMS did 😍😍😍

Ohhh also Lf Super transform 60 wa buff and dirty treasure map remove from etc 🙊🙊🙊
Post automatically merged:

buff bucc
And our friends shadies 🙊

Last edited:

Harvey

Administrator
Staff member
Best answers
IGN
Harvey
Many of you know already what the next event is going to be, so I will just say it. I've been busy doing the Agent Event (summer 2009 GMS). I'm close to finishing it, so it will be released very soon.

I don't think it will be a 'final' version because I am not sure if everything is fine. For example in GMS you had to enter a mini dungeon for 30 minutes to get some item. Doesn't really seem like a problem, but you need to do this 100 times to get the 'ultimate' gear from it.. doesn't feel right at all for a private server. So I might release it like this, but I will try to add some alternatives! Perhaps you guys have an idea?

Overall I think the event is fine with tweaks. Like if you boom an equipment you can get it again etc. If I find time I will try and make more events.

Before finishing it up I will add boss damage checks per job. I've already pulled the stats... and it's quite a bit to go through.

Another interesting statistic is the amount of successful Gaga rescues. A total of 48599 succesful rescues! Amazing!

webdeveloper

Best answers
Many of you know already what the next event is going to be, so I will just say it. I've been busy doing the Agent Event (summer 2009 GMS). I'm close to finishing it, so it will be released very soon.

I don't think it will be a 'final' version because I am not sure if everything is fine. For example in GMS you had to enter a mini dungeon for 30 minutes to get some item. Doesn't really seem like a problem, but you need to do this 100 times to get the 'ultimate' gear from it.. doesn't feel right at all for a private server. So I might release it like this, but I will try to add some alternatives! Perhaps you guys have an idea?

Overall I think the event is fine with tweaks. Like if you boom an equipment you can get it again etc. If I find time I will try and make more events.

Before finishing it up I will add boss damage checks per job. I've already pulled the stats... and it's quite a bit to go through.

Another interesting statistic is the amount of successful Gaga rescues. A total of 48599 succesful rescues! Amazing!
Thanks for taking the time to update us... keep up the great work!

rainy

Best answers

thanks for the transparency, keep up the good work!
looking forward to the event and especially the damage check change

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)