Why the damage cap should be raised pre-V

Do you believe the damage cap should be raised pre-V?

• Yes

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 43 74.1%

• Total voters

Meiko

Best answers
yea good luck trying to starforce your gear lad, tell me how long it'll take before you gotta farm the meso again. anyone who played gms nowadays can tell you how good starforcing is and how fucking retarded it is. it's not cheap for a reason
1-15 costs like 1.5b per item, its very doable

Rats

Best answers
how rich are you and lucky are you to somehow only spend 1.5b and where the hell are the tyrant costs of this?

Meiko

Best answers
how rich are you and lucky are you to somehow only spend 1.5b and where the hell are the tyrant costs of this?
both these estimate the average cost of 15* to be around 1.5b

yeah i didn't account for superior items but the point is its still very doable for end game players which you were implying it wasn't

Friend

Best answers
I like Taboo's idea more than just removing cap earlier than it was supposed to. Who is hitting cap aside from mages during a portion of their Infinity (that skill has a ramp up and a cd, so it's not like we're hitting cap 100% of the time anyway) or people with a bunch of mules that can give them every other available buff before heading into a boss?

I hated it from reading a bit of discord and in-game that people can't see past the "nerf in gear", and understand that Taboo's idea would pay off by making us stronger in the long run. The part I'd really really like is that it would give us more options to upgrade instead of being stuck with just cogs, mcs and cubes.

However, @Taboo mentioned in discord that this was just his idea and that it was up to other admins to decide what to do about it all, so it's not like we know it's happening for sure and we shouldn't worry about whether or not we should keep upgrading gear right now. If you still need upgrades to hit 5-10% in bosses you should keep going. Changes like those take time and the Starforce patch is still at least a year away too, according to the timeline Heisenberg shared in a different post about Shade/NW/BW.

Dylan94

Best answers
The amount of time people have put into this server & the idea that we'd have to Inno all our gear in order to Starforce it. Just think about that and it'll answer for itself? Nice for when you have 8 hours a day on your hands. But this idea, with all do respect for its endeavor.. I disagree with its implementation. I know it is just an idea, so I don't want to sound ungrateful for your creativity, but I doubt that this will have a positive impact upon it's player base.

TradeMarks

Best answers
I Hard Disagree with taboo idea, there is a much easier way to nerf everyone without annoying all of us and making us go through this hell all over again.
Take all the jobs script- and nerf each job by precentage DMG (Take beta testers to see which precentage is the right one).....Dont make everyone mcs/cog items EXACTLY after the RED event is about to be gone considering the event 70% of the player base have completed mcsing/cogging items....
just unreasonable way to deal with a new content..
For all who will write - its the same dmg reduce "who cares" i hope u enjoyed as much as i did innoing each item 10-15times and mcsing it and farming all day long for it.
You're idea works only for one part of the community and its those who just started the game or just finished cubing their items.
Senseless!!!!!!
Look how desperate people that they are willing to give up months of working over gears just for a little content....
i know its just an idea, im not being offensive here, i just think it will have a big bad impact on the player base.

Last edited:

Meiko

Best answers
Another viable option would be to not include starforce at all until 5th job, that way we wouldn't have an issue of easily capping and wouldn't have to nerf our gear. I think our gears level of power would be fine for post 5th job content considering gms gets prime scrolls and 20+* and such, and the post 5th job content is balanced around having that level of gear. If we went this route and our gear was still too strong we could always cap stars at a lower number than they were able to get to in gms too. (eg capping superiors at 10* and regular eqs at 18-20*)

TradeMarks

Best answers
Another viable option would be to not include starforce at all until 5th job, that way we wouldn't have an issue of easily capping and wouldn't have to nerf our gear. I think our gears level of power would be fine for post 5th job content considering gms gets prime scrolls and 20+* and such, and the post 5th job content is balanced around having that level of gear. If we went this route and our gear was still too strong we could always cap stars at a lower number than they were able to get to in gms too. (eg capping superiors at 10* and regular eqs at 18-20*)
This Could work as well, just dont reset people items i see legit zero merit in that.

Crustyy

Best answers
No, the real issue is how chaos scrolls were implemented.
I did my best to make sure things weren't so easily obtainable (making sure we had prime lines) to make room for other content like inner abilities.
However, I failed to realize that the main issue was chaos scrolls, which I did not have the data for. With its current implementation, I fail to see any other stat additions being considered. I created a thread about flames earlier, which were planned for future updates but I am quite hesitant to add them. Adding more stat enhancers will just bring up more unnecessary threads such as this, then following these threads, they'll get threads about increasing boss HPs, back and forth.

I've hinted at the fact that I had an idea, but I never commented about it because I know everyone will lose their minds. Unfortunately I don't see any other stat enhancers being added with the current system. I'll just throw my idea out there because it's something worth thinking about when considering the long term playability of Croosade.
My idea is this:
  1. Adopt the GMS chaos scroll rates.
  2. Nerf all existing scrolled equipment. Not only would this encourage people to restart their gear with star force, it'll level the playing field with new players that can't obtain such stats anymore. This will also remove the possibility of legacy items being better than any newly introduced equips. Ideally the items would be worse when comparing with a scrolled / enhanced item.
  3. Block all old items from being star forced. (This means all items before chaos scroll change).
  4. Allow old items to be star forced only if they are innocence scrolled which will revert all its stats back to base. This way you can keep your current potentials, but you'd have to restart the scrolling process.
  5. Introduce star force.
From there, it would open up the possibility of adding flames. Don't forget Hyper Stats come to the game eventually which are also very good.

So currently you can upgrade with:
- Chaos Scrolls
- Inner Ability
- Cube
Ideally with the change I propose:
- Chaos Scrolls
- Stat Scrolls
- Inner Ability
- Cube
- Star Force
- Flames
- Hyper Stats

Thus giving you many more ways to gear up. I find this to be a better path than only ever being given the option of farming chaos scrolls. I get the feeling that people wouldn't agree with getting a large nerf to all their gear they worked on so we're stuck with nothing. My idea requires a willingness to sacrifice current gear stats for healthier game progression. Maybe I'm out of touch with people's willingness, but I'm also a pessimist.🤷‍♂️
Instead of nerfing existing equipment and adding a new means of progression, why can’t the solution be to just nerf the new addition (flames/enhancement)?

As much as I love the idea and would push for the addition of the star force system, I believe that enhancement scrolls should also be added in the game at the same time, alongside superior shielding wards and no-boom AEEs (but make them hard to obtain). This would be mainly to combat the state of the game when/if Magnus is added to the game. Tyrant capes are a drop from Magnus and easily the most accessible piece of the Tyrant triad (gonna use the cape as an example). The issue will come once players who are apart of Magnus squads are trying to enhance their “superior” item strictly using Star Force. The whole point (I presume) of adding star force and Tyrants would be to heighten the “floor” of many new players and more casual players, while adding an avenue for more dedicated players to progress towards hitting the damage cap. These newer/casual players will not have easy access to Tyrant capes through participation or the market as the players who are the ones capable of killing the boss will keep the capes to themselves as the star force system will inevitably start booming capes in their attempts to reach their desired number of stars (obviously 5+). The process of restoring an item through the star force system requires that the player has another clean identical item in order to restore the potential of their old item. Star forcing superior items is not cheap and would almost certainly force a new/casual player to pay a huge sum of money for that item.

Users who are viewing this thread